Hossfeld hyd. attach. info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hossfeld hyd. attach. info needed

I see there is another post going about the JD 2 bender and it just so happens that last week I started to work on my Hossfeld to convert it to hydraulic assist.
    I own two Hossfeld # 2 benders at the moment, and I have most of the parts to add the hyd. attachment to one of them.
    All the parts that I have are the original Hossfeld pieces but I am short 2 items.

What I am missing is one plate and the hyd. cyl. and that is where my questions come in.
    Would anyone happen to know the length of the hyd. cyl. and the plate that runs off the back of the mainframe.

I know the plate is 6in. wide but I have not been able to determine it's length. I tried a piece that is 16in. long but that is not right. I am thinking it may be in about 20 or 24in. of length.

Would anybody be able to help me out with some specs.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Thanks to all the others too for their willingness to help.
    Last edited by d kirby; 12-25-2018, 06:45 PM.

I'll take a look at a friends next weekend and see if I can help

Comment

Thanks gambler, I appreciate the help and the thought.
      This was a project that I had intended to do last year, but didn't get around to it.
      Bending 1 1/2 sq. tubing has now become a 2 man job.
      The time to do the change has come.
      Dave

Comment

I have 3D models of most Hossfeld parts. I see if I have those parts.

Comment

Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
          That would be great. Thanks
          I did look all over the net and there were detailed plans to build the main frame and all that that includes.
          But I could not find any specs. on the 2 pieces that I have missing.
          Dave

Comment

D,
            I have the Hossfeld #2 and the hydraulic unit. My shop is 30 feet from my house so I can get you the dimensions you need tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything else.
            Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul, I think that all I need is the length of the plate running to the backside of the mainframe and the length of the cyl.
              I have the L frame and all the pieces to join it up with the main frame.

If you could tell me the two hole spacings that are the pivot points on that plate it would save me some guess work too.

This thing was never assembled and somehow the fellow that I bought it from misplaced some parts I guess.

I sure do appreciate everyones help on this project and my aching body will be thanking you all, when it gets done.
              Dave

Comment

Ok d I have the measurements. Mine is all factory and the hydraulic unit is only a year old. the large plate that bolts to the frame is 3/4 thick and 24 inches long and 6 inches wide. the plate bolts to the frame with 2 bolts and there are 2 other holes for the cylinder operation. the far end of the plate has a 3/4 hole for the cylinder and its location is 3 inches from the end of plate to center of hole and from the side of plate it is 1 inch to center of hole. then from this hole measure back toward the base of the machine 20 inches and 1 inch in from the side plate for the other hole that operates a pivot for the cylinder. My cylinder is new from the factory and it is 22 inches from center pin hole to hole when retracted. when fully extended it is 37 inches center pin hole to center hole. the outside diameter of the cylinder is 2 1/2 inches. hope this helps and if you need anything else let me know. Merry Christmas Paul

Comment

Paul, my arms thank you and the rest of my aching body thanks you.
                  The measurements that you gave me, confirmed what I thought they might be.
                  I knew the piece was 3/4" thick because that was the gap in the mainframe and it looked about 6" wide.
                  I tried a piece that was 16" long but knew it wouldn't work.
                  My guess was 24" long and I started to make the piece that size, but I am having problems with my mill and I thought while I have time in between repairs I would check to see if someone knew for sure..... and you came through for me!!
                  Thanks for telling me the hole placement, that will save me a lot of trial and error time.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
                  I hope I can return the favor sometime.
                  Dave
                  Thanks to the others too for their willingness to help.
                  Last edited by d kirby; 12-25-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
                    I am looking for a dimensioned drawing of Hossfeld part no. 63B, the E clamp. Gary, if you have one I would be most grateful.

metalmagpie

Comment

Glad I could help d. Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X