No announcement yet.

Machinery missing from the lathes website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot of Interesting machines in the archives.One really stands out is the Labormil under combo machines it uses a Triangler Gib Key on a round column that gives precision repeatable positioning.Maybe that could fix all round column mill drill issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
      There is a lot of Interesting machines in the archives.One really stands out is the Labormil under combo machines it uses a Triangler Gib Key on a round column that gives precision repeatable positioning.Maybe that could fix all round column mill drill issues.
      Throwing them away also fixes their issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post

Almost sounds like something I would say.
        I thought I was the resident Richard Cranium on this forum?

-D
        DZER

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
          Originally posted by Doozer View Post
          Almost sounds like something I would say.
          I thought I was the resident Richard Cranium on this forum?

-D
          One New Year's resolution could be to cease wasting time trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Comment

I don't think many will be throwing them out even with their limitations,I don't own one.

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
            One New Year's resolution could be to cease wasting time trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.
            That's funny but I find with this whole machining thing is how some junk can be mated together on the Lathe or Mill and turn in to something very useful.I'm referring to my own experiences numerous times,one example is the Big Auger I built 29 years ago.Their were lots of junk parts that were mated together and has worked flawless,it has moved Millions of $ worth of grain since 1990 and still going.Yes it looks more like a pigs ear than a silk purse lol!
            Last edited by Tundra Twin Track; 01-02-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X