HF Reversible Tapping Attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Reversible Tapping Attachment

I've been cleaning my shelves and found a new HF Reversible Tapping Attachment (#46343) that I must have bought back in 2005/2006 time frame. It looks like HF doesn't sell these anymore. I've got Tapmatics now so I assume this is probably garbage compared to a Tapmatic but was wondering if anyone has used one before? Is it any good?

How much do you want for it?
    Last edited by Akabud; 01-04-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Akabud View Post
      How mush do you want for it?
      Two cans of creamed corn and some mashed yams ----- ?

how did you know he had dentures?
      Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 01-04-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Dang that foreign stuff really holds up well when it's shelved, looks like new yet after all those years.

Comment

I'll probably give it away later, but more interested in knowing if it was/is a popular item and how well they work. I don't have time to play with it as I've got lots of other stuff to do for awhile. I'm discovering a lot of things I bought from HF back in 2005/2006 are no longer available now (including this unit). I'm curious if anyone else bought one back in the day too, and what did you think of it.

Comment

I'd be interested in it also. It's short enough that it would work in my 3 in 1. I also need an r8 to mt2 adapter. If the previous person who wanted it changes their mind please pm me.
            Last edited by ahidley; 01-04-2019, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Have one very similar for 30+ years. Tapped 1000s of 6mm holes in copper with no problems. It has a cluth that saves the tap in difficult situations
              Helder Ferreira
              Setubal, Portugal

Comment

I also found a new R8 to MT2 adapter covered in cosmoline in a plastic bag that I bought and was scratching my head wondering WTF did I buy this for. It must have been for this tapping attachment. I also found a "cable locator" that I could have used last year but forgot I bought one from HF back in 05/06. Also found a laser leveling device in a sealed package. Hopefully if there are batteries inside they haven't leaked out.
                Last edited by ; 01-04-2019, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I was about to ask the same thing, though spelled differently! Wish that HF still sold something like this, id love to get my hands on a tapping head without having to shell out that tapmatic-level price. Ah well, guess ill stick to my plans of wiring a reverse switch in the mill

Comment

This tapping head resembles the Swedish SPV (I think I remembered correctly) that I own.

How much are you asking for it?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      I've been cleaning my shelves and found a new HF Reversible Tapping Attachment (#46343) that I must have bought back in 2005/2006 time frame. It looks like HF doesn't sell these anymore. I've got Tapmatics now so I assume this is probably garbage compared to a Tapmatic but was wondering if anyone has used one before? Is it any good?
                      This tells me you have too much stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
                        This tells me you have too much stuff!
                        It tells me he's a compulsive shopper, like probably most of us.

He bought it, not because of a need but rather a 'want.' Then, since there was no need for it it was put on a shelf and forgotten. ...And then some time in the future another 'want,' or maybe a 'need' this time, results in buying another one, ...which may receive the same treatment. etc., etc.,... And then one day we die, or maybe become too old to need them anymore.

And THAT is why estate auctions are so much fun and profitable for budding home machinists.
                        Last edited by lynnl; 01-04-2019, 08:51 AM.
                        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                          It tells me he's a compulsive shopper, like probably most of us.

He bought it, not because of a need but rather a 'want.' Then, since there was no need for it it was put on a shelf and forgotten. ...And then some time in the future another 'want,' or maybe a 'need' this time, results in buying another one, ...which may receive the same treatment. etc., etc.,... And then one day we die, or maybe become too old to need them anymore.

And That's why estate auctions are so much fun and profitable for budding home machinists.
                          And then, history repeats itself
                          Helder Ferreira
                          Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                            I'm discovering a lot of things I bought from HF back in 2005/2006 are no longer available now (including this unit).
                            You should open a HF museum!

Most will probably find this article boring financial stuff but it does give a glimpse into the inner workings of HF, especially the financing.

He has the familiar trappings of the ultra-wealthy: a Beverly Hills estate, a superyacht, art by Rothko and Pollock.

But Eric Smidt is a new kind of super-rich. He made his fortune by transforming an old-fashioned business into a giant ATM, an overhaul aided by one of the hottest plays on Wall Street: collateralized loan obligations.
                            Some, like Credit Suisse, get paid for underwriting loans to companies such as Smidt’s Harbor Freight Tools USA. Because CLOs are really a package of risky loans from various businesses like Harbor Freight, a bank like Morgan Stanley also scores a fee for structuring the parcel and then selling it to investors.

Harbor Freight—which sells discount tools such as $7.99 wrenches and $8.99 pliers sets—has tapped the debt market five times since 2010, raising $6.8 billion, including refinancings and has paid about $2 billion of dividends, according to Bloomberg calculations. The company declined to comment, as did Smidt.

When Harbor Freight went to the market to refinance in January, investors were drooling. The company got $2.16 billion—fully funded just eight days after it was announced.

Comment

I remember when HF sold those C-Frame hardness testers, shop size spray gun cleaners and BP-size milling machines. Those were the days.

To paraphrase AvE on YT; if it's not multi-colored like a tennis shoe, nobody will buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X