• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammernanvil View Post
    Who is we?

Well if you don’t know who Adam Booth is
    it probably wouldn’t matter anyway.

He’s not working for Motion Industries anymore apparantly.
    Who is Motion Industries? My search says that's in Texas. I though he worked for his dad in Florida.

Perhaps his dad didn't like the competition.

Comment

Must have been tough working for Motion Industries after having worked for/with his father but Adam has never gone into too much detail about
      how all that came about.
      He sometimes gives you the impression Motion bought out Booth Machining but then his father died and things get confusing.
      A private citizen so he doesn't have to say s**t about anything but he's one damn fine and efficient machinist and I've learned a lot just from his videos.
      Len

Comment

he has a new video on youtube, and it appears he is into a new shop.

Comment

Adam Booth appears in this video about Motion Industries in Pensacola, FL:

Hopefully he left on good terms. As Paul Harvey used to say, there may be more to the story.
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Motion Industries is a major industrial suppler, branches all over the US. Abom 79 = Adam Booth has real interesting videos. He’s a very good machinist.

Boats

Comment

I wish Adam the best of luck. He is a talented machinist and Motion Industries will certainly miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                Must have been tough working for Motion Industries after having worked for/with his father but Adam has never gone into too much detail about how all that came about. He sometimes gives you the impression Motion bought out Booth Machining but then his father died and things get confusing.
                He did discuss it in one of his videos. His dad's business wasn't doing so well. Motion offered him a job, and his dad advised him to take it. Motion bought the HBM and some other stuff when his dad closed down the business.

Comment

Well, with his YouTube fame, that should help bootstrap him and give him customers.

Comment

In his last video showing him moving the heavy plate and table, he is moving it into his HOME shop.

Adam (Abomb79") is a great guy and a great machinist. You would learn plenty by watching his videos.

"Chucke" is an idiot. He has no respect for tools or machinery. I've never seen him do anything but tear stuff up "testing" it.

I don't know "Alec".

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                      In his last video showing him moving the heavy plate and table, he is moving it into his HOME shop.

Adam (Abomb79") is a great guy and a great machinist. You would learn plenty by watching his videos.

"Chucke" is an idiot. He has no respect for tools or machinery. I've never seen him do anything but tear stuff up "testing" it.

I don't know "Alec".
                      Think Alec is that Steele kid? The one where the shipper ruined his restored 10EE?

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                        Think Alec is that Steele kid? The one where the shipper ruined his restored 10EE?
                        Yes, that guy. One year he went from a back yard garage to a full blown shop.
                        Andy

Comment

Are these people Kardashians?

Comment

I believe ABOM79 used to be a frequent and popular contributor on this forum before he started his Youtube efforts. Don't know what his handle was then. He was doing a lot of large lathe work on big boat propeller shafts.

Best of luck to him wherever his journey takes him.

I'm a fan.

Comment

I think this ABOM character is the one I started to watch a few weeks back ...don't remember what the topic or title was. After about ten minutes of his bloviating* and never getting to the stated subject I quit the video and wrote him off as not worth watching.

* - That's a new word I learned recently, from Tubal Cain , aka mrpete222. I thought of it often while reading some of the recent threads here.

blo·vi·ate
                              /ˈblōvēˌāt/
                              verbinformal•US
                              verb: bloviate; 3rd person present: bloviates; past tense: bloviated; past participle: bloviated; gerund or present participle: bloviating

talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way.
                              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by jmarkwolf View Post
                                I believe ABOM79 used to be a frequent and popular contributor on this forum before he started his Youtube efforts. Don't know what his handle was then. He was doing a lot of large lathe work on big boat propeller shafts.
                                That was over at PM

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...e-shop-220616/

Comment

Working...
                                X