Hour meter for 24 VAC furnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hour meter for 24 VAC furnace

I keep my new garage addition warm at all times. The thermostat goes down to 50 degrees F and that is fine for me. The garage is well insulated: R30 ceiling, R14 walls, concrete slab insulated. The gas bill doesn't seem to be affected very much but I am curious as to how long the burner does run. It is a Williams wall furnace with optional circulating fan that runs when a thermal switch is closed. I could put an hour meter in the circuit for the fan easily enough but the fan runs a long time compared to the burner. An hour meter in the thermostat circuit would indicate on time. I did find a 24 VDC hour meter but not one for AC yet. It's not worth buying a real data logger unless there are some real cheap ones. Any suggestions?

Dennis

I was going to suggest just getting one of the smart WiFi thermostats. I have one in my garage/shop (Honeywell WiFi 9000). It allows me to control it from my iPhone or any web browser. It also sends you a monthly "usage" report showing a graph of the usage during the month, as well as previous months for comparison.

Comment

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

Comment

While you're in the shop time the burn vs fan run time. Note the times and after a dozen or so readings take an average of the burn vs fan run times. Then you can use a regular 110VAC hour meter and just apply the burn time factor to get a pretty good idea of the burn time.
        Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X