Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wdtom44
    replied
    "Push to connect" are so fast and easy I can't see messing with anything else that takes a bunch of small parts unless you have a special application that requires a more firm or secure connection. I have used "push to connect" a lot, on the machines I used to maintain when working, and never had a problem. Even saw some in Lowes. Read McMaster for compatible types of tube and fittings.
    Last edited by wdtom44; 01-29-2019, 09:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ed ke6bnl
    replied
    NO inside fitting just use push to connect like Doozer says may want to get hose for air brakes or air bags.

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    I'm using the push connectors for my mister setup. So far it's held up to 70+ PSI but it hasn't gone through a hot summer cycle yet. The only thing that bites me is all the fittings and tubing are METRIC. I got everything off eBay and Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    If only there was a way to make a ferrule...

Leave a comment:

• Doozer
    replied
    All the kool kids are using push-to-connect
    tubing fittings. Some good ones are Legris
    and SMC. Parker makes them too, but they
    are all brass and kind of bulky.
    I like to get them from McMaster Carr or
    AutomationDirect. No inner tube thingy
    is required.

-Doozer

Leave a comment:

• Corbettprime
    replied
    Or try U S Plastics

Leave a comment:

• paul463
    replied
    Try air brake tubing from an auto/truck parts store.

Leave a comment:

• gellfex
    replied
    I don't understand, McMaster has dozens of different kinds of 3/16 ID 1/4 OD flex tubing. Last time I messed in this sandbox I bought 1/8 npt to barb fittings and used crimp on sleeves or those spring wire clamps.

Leave a comment:

• BudB
    started a topic 1/4" Air Tubing

1/4" Air Tubing

I'm missing something...............I'm installing an air cylinder to raise and lower my drill press table. As speed is not important I'm using 1/4" flexible tubing. I bought NPT brass adapters for 1/4" tubing which included an "adapter" to place inside flexible tubing to allow proper sealing. My issue is the adapter is designed to tubing with an inside diameter of .190". Thus far the only tubing I can find is polyethylene tubing with a ID of .170". While I can force the adapter into the tubing it is then too large to pass through the ferrule and nut. Any ideas of what tubing I should be looking for?
Working...
X