Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User name change

How do I change my user name .
    it want let me change it in the profile.
    tried to re-register but it says that im already registered for that email address .
    I do have another email addy ,but dont want to share it.....as its my outlook one.
    I would like to keep my old email address.
    the reason I would like to change is that mmmmmm I dont like posting under my real name as its kind of a boring name ...I prefer my other one of aboard_epsilon.
    mark jones does not have the same impact (RING) as other peoples names like Alistairs or John Stevenson's.......Hope other members here see what I'm trying to do as an improvment and not an attempt to hide behind another name.
    think the words "Mark Jones" just say boring, boring boring..
    thanks all
    all the best...mark

Mark

Was it that boring bar that got to you ?

regards

Brian

Comment

Mark,
      Have you tried changing your addy to a fake then re-registering.
      Joahmon, AKA rmatel

Comment

Just change your first name to "Tom"

Allan

Comment

It may be easier to open a new free email address with hotmail or yahoo then register here with one of those. JRouche

Unless it looks at your IP adress and says, nope, yer already a member here as Mark Jones

[This message has been edited by JRouche (edited 09-13-2004).]
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

"A rose by any other name is still a rose."

I say Don't do it. Mark, I've enjoyed your inputs, and I find the name refreshingly clean and concise. Using real names seems to add a more personal touch to the interaction. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Lynn

P.S. But this does raise a question: Is there a way to un-register from the group? Not that I want to. Just idle curiosity.

Comment

Mark Jones is as good as any other name. My name is kind of plain too. What you have to say is more important than the cleverness of your user ID. Evan has a regular name and he does interesting projects.

Go read something interesting and bring it here to inform us what is going on out there. Some of the most rookie (or even stupid!) questions have generated the most interest. Be yourself and never change! (or did someone write that in my yearbook?)

Comment

Atleast you don't have "crap" in your name like I do...

"bs" and "pooh"

I do NOT have a poop fetish

brent

Comment

My mate was called Mark but he changed his name as well.

Trouble was he kept hearing someone keep calling him and didn't know who it was.

Turned out it was a dog further down the street with a hair lip.............

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Mark Jones,

You know how much I would like a regular name other than my "real name".

Every time I call the gas company, telephone company, or anyone, I say "First name -----" they butt in and say "and what's your first name?"

Is every one answering the phone out there a moron?

Thanks Mom and Dad for a life of aggrivation.

The name is so bad, they named the first two sons with regular names, but couldn't hold back the grandparents for the third.

You could have just named me Glenn, or Bob, or Mark.

Just respect your parents and keep that BORING NAME.

If I can put up with K---- for fifty some years, you can put up with Mark Jones.

Don't be a girley man.

Kap

Comment

Gods teeth John

I had to think about that one, the colonials have no chance.

regards

Brian

Comment

OK guys thanks , you talked me out of it.
                        will post under my real name ..boring or not
                        ps John ...the dog with the hair lip.....I always laugh no matter how many times I hear that ....lol
                        ps ...now have the J&S grinder ....I have a unbelivable set of pictures to show about that.....I've turned an ugly duckling into a swan !!!!!!
                        with the minimal of work
                        .......maybe in the next few days I will show You All ...the results.
                        all the best...mark

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark Jones:

ps ...now have the J&S grinder ....I have a unbelivable set of pictures to show about that.....I've turned an ugly duckling into a swan !!!!!!
                          with the minimal of work
                          .......maybe in the next few days I will show You All ...the results.
                          all the best...mark
                          </font>
                          So you want to buy a manual my boy ??

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I live in the bible belt, do you know how many David's Marks Lukes and Johns there are down here?

I am stuck with my name. Be happy.

My middle name is EUGENE.

-

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-17-2005).]

Comment

"So you want to buy a manual my boy ??"
                              the diaform ......yes
                              all the best......mark

Comment

Working...
                              X