Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES!!!!!!

A/C in the workshop!

Is there a heat pump outside the building? Can you get heat from it when needed?

Actually thinking about adding a small heat pump to my shop.

Mike

Comment

SWEET!! I wish I had one!

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
        A/C in the workshop!
        I wish could send you some natural cool temps,-39 c here this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post
          Is there a heat pump outside the building? Can you get heat from it when needed?

Actually thinking about adding a small heat pump to my shop.

Mike
          It looks like a "mini-split". I think many will function as heat pumps. We are looking at that for a 3rd floor addition.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Seems kind of odd to have it discharging cool air... right over the hot-water heater.

Doc.
            Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Looks like it's aimed at your hot water heater.

Of all the places you can put that wall unit, Why mount it in a corner?

Added: Ops! Doc types faster.
              Last edited by CCWKen; 02-12-2019, 04:58 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

There is simply no other place to mount it. 1200 BTU, 18 seer Mitsubishi heat pump, mini-split. Entire garage is cool, works well, oversized for the small 2 car garage.
                Yes, has the condenser unit outside.
                Also needed it to keep the moisture out

Comment

Cool! (Haha). One of those mini-splits is in the future for my kitchen and living area. I understand one condenser can serve several evaporators. It's actually really hard to find an apples to apples comparison of cooling cost vs window units.

Comment

You can barely hear it run, and that's only if you go outside and stand next to it.

Comment

Do you live somewhere that you need it today 'cuz my garage is about 38F with 19 outside?
                      Len

Comment

The third window unit that I had in my garage/shop is now completely kaput! I'm in south Texas and it was about 22,000 BTU. AC is not optional here. That mini split looks tempting. Do they make something like that where the inside part can be window mounted? Or hung from the ceiling? I don't have much wall space left.

And if you don't mind, what did it cost? Who installed it and what did that cost? I did the installation on my last window unit, but I don't think I am up to doing that again.
                        Paul A.

Make it fit.
                        You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                          Do you live somewhere that you need it today 'cuz my garage is about 38F with 19 outside?
                          80 degrees and 90% humidity today.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                            The third window unit that I had in my garage/shop is now completely kaput! I'm in south Texas and it was about 22,000 BTU. AC is not optional here. That mini split looks tempting. Do they make something like that where the inside part can be window mounted? Or hung from the ceiling? I don't have much wall space left.

And if you don't mind, what did it cost? Who installed it and what did that cost? I did the installation on my last window unit, but I don't think I am up to doing that again.
                            Had a local contractor install it, $2400. If you go to Mitsubishi's web page, this one is a M series mini split. They have many different options. Mitsubishi isn't the cheapest option.

Comment

I've had water heaters but not hot water heaters. Why would a person want to heat water that is already hot?

Last summer I put a 12,000 btu mini split in our cottage. It's the bomb. It heats and cools and you can barely hear it run. I though I heard it run but it was the refrigerator drowning out the whisper from the mini split system. The mini split has a variable speed fan that runs all the time but still sips power. It came from Amazon and it was only about $730 complete with everything to hook it up to existing wires. Also only 120 volt for this unit so no heavy duty wiring. I'm going to add one to my shop this summer and do away with the 40 year old air conditioner that still works fine.

Brian
                              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X