Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names expo 2019

Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Barring the end of the world or some other minor problem, it will be my 30th show.

What are the roads like this year? Did 75 ever get finished or is it still blocked?
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
      Barring the end of the world or some other minor problem, it will be my 30th show.
      This will only be number 11 for me. Still a newbie.
      George
      Traverse City, MI

Comment

What are the roads like this year? Did 75 ever get finished or is it still blocked?
        The section that has been closed for about two years is open in theory, I don't drive it so I have no idea. There has been problems that have resulted in I-75 north bound being closed off and on above 8 mile road due to a cascading number of pot holes and canyons. Here is the link for the roads in Michigan after it opens just click on the cone icon.
        Mi Drive is a construction and traffic information website that allows users to view traffic cameras, speeds, locate incidents, and construction.
        Glen
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

That site is not available unless you have log in privileges.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

That site is not available unless you have log in privileges.
            I sure don't have log in privileges I got the addy from google Try this https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616...588---,00.html
            Click on the highlighted link middle of page take you to the same page
            here is their main page https://www.michigan.gov/mdot/0,4616...382---,00.html if the above doesn't work There will be closures between M-59 and 8 mile this spring for emergency repair
            Glen

Comment

I get the maps but there isn't any info on it and it asks for a login. It wasn't like this last year???

Comment

Long shot, but I'm going to try and talk my Dad and/or Father in law into going. Only about a 5 hour (one way) trip for us. Not very likely but I'd like to go to one of these shows one day. Cabin fever is a bit to far of a hike, but Names is the closest.

Comment

Either show is worth the trips if your into models or machining in general.

Comment

And if you want to see what the youth of today are up to, the FIRST world championship is going on in the the city of Detroit on from the 24th thru the 27th.
                    FIRST is a global robotics community preparing young people for the future and the world's leading youth-serving nonprofit advancing STEM education.
                    Mike
                    Brandon MI
                    2003 MINI Cooper S JCW#249
                    1971 Opel GT
                    1985 Ford 3910LP

Comment

I get the maps but there isn't any info on it and it asks for a login. It wasn't like this last year???
                      Construction cone upper left corner of map click on it that what works for me
                      Glen

Comment

OK I will go to sit in the corner with the dunce cap on.

I liked it better the old way.

Comment

Got a new governor, got to make it difficult for everybody, since her election slogan "fix the damn roads" she has no real plan on how to pay for it other than her first Idea was a gas tax of between .50/.75 per gallon
                          Glen

Comment

At that rate pretty soon people will start crossing the boarder at Port Huron to buy cheaper gas in Canada.

Comment

She got her seat cushion handed to her by just about everybody, but the palent will die in 12 year crowd. It went away fast, and she is thinking on ways to pay for it now. So gas should be doing the weekly yo-yoing.
                              Glen

Comment

Working...
                              X