• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernay update and running.

A couple of construction pics:

Solder fixture:

Running: Hope this works!
    https://i.imgur.com/Ti9zWgR.mp4
    Last edited by sid pileski; 03-26-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Looks great. What is it?
      Inquiring minds (at least one) want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
        Looks great. What is it?
        Inquiring minds (at least one) want to know.
        They are some parts for the Bernay engine I've been building.
        If you follow the link, you will see it running.

Got to figure how to post the video on here without the link, if possible.

Sid

Comment

That's pretty cool.

A heck of a lot of parts moving....

Some background on the engine design:

http://modelengineeringwebsite.com/B...am_engine.html

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Yes, I've read that before.

I really like all the moving parts. Now to balance it and finish it. Still debating what I'm going to do.
            Thinking of painting the main brass body. I'd like to nickel plate some parts. Obviously, the stainless parts will just polish up.

Sid

Comment

That's a thing of beauty Sid. Quite an interesting motion to it, very therapeutic. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Well that has finished up rather nicely Sid!
                Bead blasting can make for a nice contrast. A matte finish via Scotchbrite sometimes looks quite nice next to polished and is easy to keep maintained.
                Too much 'color' contrast can occasionally work against you, but as you have an excellent sense of style (perhaps that mostly means it parallels my own : ) I am confident that perfection in aesthetic balance will be attained.

Comment

You have built a Twerking motor! I really like what you have built. Great job.
                  How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Beautifully done engine! It's a cool design I haven't seen before, and has a very pleasing and smooth sinusoidal motion to it. The craftsmanship is excellent, as well. Thanks for sharing. It's a mechanical work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                      You have built a Twerking motor! I really like what you have built. Great job.
                      Ah HA, perhaps that's why it's so soothing to watch lol

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                        Well that has finished up rather nicely Sid!
                        Bead blasting can make for a nice contrast. A matte finish via Scotchbrite sometimes looks quite nice next to polished and is easy to keep maintained.
                        Too much 'color' contrast can occasionally work against you, but as you have an excellent sense of style (perhaps that mostly means it parallels my own : ) I am confident that perfection in aesthetic balance will be attained.
                        Agreed!

I have so many engines with brass components that I could spend weeks polishing. I love the polished look but sometimes its just a pain in the ass to get into places and keep them looking good.
                        This engine especially.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                          That's a thing of beauty Sid. Quite an interesting motion to it, very therapeutic. Thanks for sharing.
                          Yeah, everyone that sees it run seems to say the same thing: "that's so mesmerizing to watch!"

Sid

Comment

Thats beautiful to watch. How much time is invested in that.?

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
                              Thats beautiful to watch. How much time is invested in that.?
                              Probably three months, on and off as time and other people's projects allowed.

Sid

Comment

Working...
                              X