No announcement yet.

Bought a Used Albrecht Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently sold my two Albrecht 1/2" chucks because I got tired of the hassle of loosening them when they self tightened beyond hand force under heavy load. Out of frustration there was always the temptation to use a pipe wrench.

And there was the issue if them loosening under reverse rotation if used to hold a tap.

Comment

Anyone that can't figure out how to use a Albrecht chuck should maybe take up knitting.

Brian
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post
        Most people use ER collet holders for holding drill bits in CNC machines.
        They have a backstop to hold the Z in place.
        An Albrecht chuck is totally variable where the tool is in the Z.

-Doozer
        Obviously your mileage varies from mine. Besides, “most people” don’t run machine tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
          Bought a Shars R8-JT6 collet (23 bucks with shipping) it has .0007 run-out and with the used Albrecht Chuck, holding a gage pin it has a total run-out of .001.2.

Comment

Originally posted by bborr01 View Post
            Anyone that can't figure out how to use a Albrecht chuck should maybe take up knitting.

Brian
            Absolutely . Such should not be allowed to own any precision tooling. :-)
            ...lew...

Comment

I know how: don't run it in reverse. My keyless Kawasaki chucks will rum in either direction of course.

Comment

Working...
              X