X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLK001
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
    One hand to hold the drill, one to hold the collar, and one to tighten it...
    To tighten it up, yes, it takes two hands. To mount a bit into one, one hand to hold the bit, one hand to snug up the chuck. Once snug, the bit will remain where it is, so two hands to tighten it up is what it takes. A good keyless chuck will spin down to the drill bit just as easily as a keyed chuck.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    The purpose of the collar? Wouldn't that be to hold it still while tightening and opening it? Keyless chucks are a two hand operation. That's one of the reasons why I don't use them. One hand to hold the drill, one to hold the collar, and one to tighten it. OK on a hand drill, but in a drill press or mill.....

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Try checking with a range of drill sizes and a dti. Hopefully the runout will be 0.003" tir or better.
    I have often wondered what the purpose of the collar is on these and some other makes of keyless.
    Last edited by old mart; 04-14-2019, 09:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SLK001
    replied
    If you're interested in cleaning your chuck, here is the proceedure. It also gives you the opportunity to check the condition of the jaws.

Leave a comment:

• darryl
    replied
    Just use it and marvel at how well it works.

Leave a comment:

• Tungsten dipper
    started a topic Bought a Used Albrecht Chuck

Bought a Used Albrecht Chuck

Bought a 1/8-5/8 Albrecht chuck for 50 bucks. Seem to work very smoothly. What can go wrong with it and how do I check it for accuracy?
Working...
X