Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: is it wrong to want to run over idiots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: is it wrong to want to run over idiots.

I took some leaves and branches to the towns compose site today. On my second trip, there was a guy in front of me pulling a trailer full of garden $#!+ with a minivan. Now with all the rain we have had lately it was a real quagmire except for one path that was reasonably firm. So naturally the idiot in question that tried to drive though this with said minivan got off the path, tried to back up getting stuck in the mud blocking the path. OK not a big problem 'cuse I'm in my truck with 4 x 4 and I just drove around him though about a foot of mud. After I was finished I needed to return the way in but the idiot in question was dumping his load behind me, right where I needed to go to get out of this mess. I decided that I wasn't going to wait all day for him to get out of the way, he was going to need a tow truck to get out of there, so I risked going farther off the path though about 1 1/2 to 2 feet of mud. Well the old Ranger did good and I just backed up and powered across the mud.

Now for the 64 dollar question. Would I be justified in running this guy over (almost an accident too) and ridding the world of another person that shouldn't be allowed to waste air or is that a bit over the top???
    Last edited by loose nut; 04-17-2019, 06:23 PM.
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

yeah i'd say you're a loose nut, hazard to all of us. might fall off one day and cause an accident.

Comment

That would be over the top (of him). However, sometimes it almost seems like it would be a service to everyone in town...
      Kansas City area

Comment

I love my minivan!

Andy

Comment

Since you apparently don't really know anything about this guy other than that he was in your way, i think its a little presumptuous to call him an idiot based on just that. Even brilliant people sometimes get in other people's way.
          For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

I would not even joke about running over anyone nowadays -- too much of that going on already...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
              I would not even joke about running over anyone nowadays -- too much of that going on already...
              Why did you not offer him a hand? Obvoiusly your 4 by 4 could have pulled him back on the pathway without problems.
              Maybe he is not such a smart driver, but perhaps he is a nice fellow.
              Karma tends to follow folk around.
              I have been fortunate enough to have been on the receiving end of quite a few kind folks actions, and I can only hope that I have managed to repay those kindnesses to others.
              Regards David Powell

Comment

Many years ago, when I was a teen I was driving on a bridge behind a slow poke. I got impatient and complained to my Uncle sitting beside me. He said don't be so quick to judge, maybe his wife died today and he's upset.

I've referred back to that wise advice countless times and even went out of my way to help an "apparent idiot". Some were indeed idiots but many had good reasons for their behavior

Comment

Originally posted by martik View Post
                  Many years ago, when I was a teen I was driving on a bridge behind a slow poke. I got impatient and complained to my Uncle sitting beside me. He said don't be so quick to judge, maybe his wife died today and he's upset.

I've referred back to that wise advice countless times and even went out of my way to help an "apparent idiot". Some were indeed idiots but many had good reasons for their behavior
                  Along the same lines, in a psychology course in college, the professor played a movie. It was of a young girl driving with her grandfather as a passenger. A guy pulled out if front of her and she said, that idiot makes me so mad. The grandfather said, no, you make you so mad. I have never forgotten that.

Comment

Running him over, as tempting as it sounds, won't teach him a thing though.
                    Now a two or three hundred dollar towing bill might get his attention enough so that next time he goes to the dump he might pick his battles with a little more thought. Chances are though that some machine operator at the dump will see his plight, and feeling partially responsible due to the poor conditions, will drag him out of there. I see it all the time locally. The idiot returns next monsoon/snow storm only to repeat the cycle all over again.

Consider the moment as just another lesson in human behavior. His actions help you to more appreciate those that are above that level. You have to raise the bar a bit as to who is a suitable candidate as tire fodder, otherwise it will get pretty quiet in town.
                    There are more deserving subjects that should be eliminated from the gene pool.
                    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

When driving, I often wish I was magneto, and could fling people towards the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                        OK not a big problem 'cuse I'm in my truck with 4 x 4 and I just drove around him though about a foot of mud.
                        Not sure why you are sweating it. I have a 4x4 and that sounds like a walk in the park. Maybe that lil ranger of yours is lacking JR
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

patience grasshopper

Comment

I don't run over them anymore. Instead, I just pray that they have a stroke, then sit back and wait...

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                              When driving, I often wish I was magneto, and could fling people towards the sun.
                              especially people who sit in left lane, don't move over, then when you go pass speed up.....I mean, get off the planet!

wise words

It was of a young girl driving with her grandfather as a passenger. A guy pulled out if front of her and she said, that idiot makes me so mad. The grandfather said, no, you make you so mad.
                              wise words

Still, fling those left lane speeder uppers into the sun!
                              in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X