No announcement yet.

What did you eat today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get all my drumsticks and wings from this natural free range organic place - they don't actually kill any of the chickens, they give them a local and sever the appendage and then they are cared for nursed back to health and allowed to live out the rest of their life in peace and harmony,

only legs OR wings are removed, never both, the ones without the legs are helped by the ones with them and the ones without the wings are paired up with the winged ones, they also take each from one side but those birds pretty much just spin around in circles the rest of their lives. you would be surprised at how well they do and what a fulfilling life they still can lead, brings tears to my eyes esp. when preparing them by cutting up an onion...

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
      I get all my drumsticks and wings from this natural free range organic place - they don't actually kill any of the chickens, they give them a local and sever the appendage and then they are cared for nursed back to health and allowed to live out the rest of their life in peace and harmony,

only legs OR wings are removed, never both, the ones without the legs are helped by the ones with them and the ones without the wings are paired up with the winged ones, they also take each from one side but those birds pretty much just spin around in circles the rest of their lives. you would be surprised at how well they do and what a fulfilling life they still can lead, brings tears to my eyes esp. when preparing them by cutting up an onion...

I do that with steaks. I just cut off what I need and I let the cow heal out in the nice grassy meadow until I need another steak.
      Andy

Comment

• This is what happens in restaurants that serve frog legs:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407364728765171802/

Many more along that line:
        https://www.cartoonstock.com/directo...rog_s_legs.asp
        http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
        Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
        USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Smoked a pork butt yesterday, for today. Dinner was an experiment of butterflied chicken thighs with a pete's based sauce and ranch. Those were excellent, and a great alternative to chicken wings. Also have ribeyes for today.

Final menus TBD.

Comment

• Sausage sandwiches, one for breakfast at 06:00, one for lunch at 14:00.

But we shouldn't be posting this, it upsets the "Purists" on the forum, especially the ones who can't resist clicking on threads they don't like so they can incessantly whine about the threads they don't like and demonstrate their intolerance and lack of self control!
            If you benefit from the Dunning-Kruger Effect you may not even know it ;-)

Comment

• Just face it, some people ain't happy less'n they're bitchin 'bout something! Keep them coming, I learn a little from everything I read. I didn't know Bear Creek made a gumbo mix. Then I learned no one out here carries it. Gonna go online and order it!
              Last edited by Corbettprime; 05-12-2019, 12:18 PM. Reason: Adding to it.

Comment

• 3-D printed?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...s-like/282904/

USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• Not to brag or anything but I made this cake with my 7yo daughter for my wifes birthday.

Andy

Comment

• Had a bowl of clam chowder for breakfast today. Last time I had it, it was more like stew- which is fine, it still tasted good. The time before that it was excellent, and I couldn't get enough of it. Today- well, let's just say that if fell well short of what it could have been. This is an issue we've been having at our local watering place- getting the food to be consistently good.
                    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

• Doesn't anybody eat Manhattan style clam chowder? Seems everywhere I look, stores, restaurants, etc. it's always New England style.
                      To me at least it has all the charm and taste of pablum if you don't doctor it up with something else in order to give it character.

Lady down the street who is an excellent cook and a genius in the school of culinary arts gave my wife an absolutely dynamite Manhattan style clam chowder recipe so now as long as I stay at home and can talk my wife into making it I'm set.
                      Only thing is that it does take some time and effort to make it so I don't get enough for my liking. It would be nice to pick up the occasional store bought hit between the home made servings just to tide me over.
                      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy View Post
                        Doesn't anybody eat Manhattan style clam chowder? Seems everywhere I look, stores, restaurants, etc. it's always New England style.
                        To me at least it has all the charm and taste of pablum if you don't doctor it up with something else in order to give it character.
                        Manhattan clam chowder: tomato soup that a clam has swam naked through. Barf!

Comment

• Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                          Manhattan clam chowder: tomato soup that a clam has swam naked through. Barf!
                          If that's the way you've had it, yes I agree.
                          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

• I usually prefer New England style, and Cream of Crab or Seafood Bisque, but recently I had some excellent Manhattan style at the Double T Diner. However, Maryland Crab Soup properly done is the best
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• I like tomato soup with grilled cheese samiches.
                              Andy

Comment

• Originally posted by vpt View Post
                                I like tomato soup with grilled cheese samiches.
                                Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh-yea...... I haven't had that for decades... Now I'm craving it you bastage and we don't have any T-soup right now in the pantry....

Comment

Working...
                                X