No announcement yet.

What did you eat today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For breakfast today I had chicken noodle soup and a butter chicken sandwich. To tide me over (to satisfy my sweet tooth) I had not one but two macaroon madness bars- of which I'm eating a third as I type. For supper I had spinach feta garlic pasta (my miracle food of late) followed by kettle chips and beer.

I'm trying very hard at the moment to get this bar off my teeth as quickly as I can (I have to chew it to some extent at least, but it's so damn sweet). I suppose I could try gumming it- might be good practice anyway for my later years.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by martik View Post
        We ate noodle soup with fresh veggies, fish cakes and beef or chicken everyday in Thailand last month - 40 baht or about $1.30 each "napkins" were free

Same thing here - about $10 and much smaller

I’d pay double price in thailand only if they had proper napkins or even just kitchen tissue.
        Napkins(and toilet paper) in there is super-weak.

Wifeys hometown (uttaradit) has a noodle shop where you get plate of noodles for ten baht..

Comment

Too late! It's all gone.

Sorry, boys...sure was good!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb
            I see some folks are eating at the Chum Bucket
            Give chum a try. It's gotta be healthier than your present diet.

Comment

Went to Burger King today, damn their burgers are terrible. I shoulda gotten the vegetarian version my SO got, haloumi cheese burger, tried it and it was much better. BK burgers got this off-flavour to them, this flame grilled bull****. I've grilled my own burgers over charcoal and they don't taste like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisCA View Post
                Went to Burger King today, damn their burgers are terrible. I shoulda gotten the vegetarian version my SO got, haloumi cheese burger, tried it and it was much better. BK burgers got this off-flavour to them, this flame grilled bull****. I've grilled my own burgers over charcoal and they don't taste like ****.
                And they are served barely luke warm. Thought that it's just friday night speciality on local BK but many others were complaining same thing around the globe..

Comment

I thought all you guys would lose your appetite worrying about whether to use HSS or carbide.

Comment

Don't know what they are, but I love it. Raiding the minibar in my hotel room in Maastricht.

Comment

Just braising the mushrooms and onions for a steak and kidney pie. The kidney's cut up an the steak is leftover from a barbecue a couple days ago. With a bottle or 2 of a pleasant little ale I made last fall, it should be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                        I’d pay double price in thailand only if they had proper napkins or even just kitchen tissue.
                        Napkins(and toilet paper) in there is super-weak.

Wifeys hometown (uttaradit) has a noodle shop where you get plate of noodles for ten baht..
                        I'll have to check out Uttaradit this fall (Hotels from $12-20/night.) Almost every place is napkin challenged in Thailand, many hide the toilet paper roll in a dispenser, doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisCA View Post
                          I really like burger kings burgers. I do hear fast food does taste differently all over the world because of local supply.
                          Andy

Comment

I like the burgers I make at home, or at least I used to before all the ingredients became 'compromised' and watered down. I suppose that even now it's still my best burger since I put what I want in it, and nothing I don't want. Have not had burger king in a while, but I didn't mind those.

On the subject of food, I wonder- how many of you grow much of what you eat?
                            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I grow garden stuff and have chickens and ducks for eggs.

We buy 1/4 and 1/2 cows strait from the farm, I fish and I hunt deer for venison.

But I still like burger king burgers!

Andy

Comment

My friend took me to dinner at the Double T Diner for my birthday. I had their dinner special of salad with blue cheese dressing, Manhattan clam chowder, and Steak Burgundy strips on rice. It was excellent.

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/...ushroom-sauce/

We also had some digital photos printed at the adjacent CVS pharmacy in Perry Hall. I bought some crystallized ginger and spicy plantain chips, as well as some whole grain tortilla chips on clearance 75% off.
                                http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Working...
                                X