What did you eat today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
    After I asked the question about greenhouse legality, I realized he was probably referring to marijuana growing. But why so hush-hush? Even all the follow-on comments avoided the use of the word marijuana.
    Marijuana, marijuna...MARIJUANA!! There, let's get it out in the open!

How many slang words are there for marijiwanna?
    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb
      Cooking rib-eyes on the grill on the boat in the middle of the summer. What more could anyone want
      Well cooking steaks at Bend in the Road at the Bonneville Salt Flats during Bike Week, surrounded by hundreds of other fans..sounds pretty freaking good to me....
      .....and probably a few others..
      The night I got there last year, I got invited to the Champions Banquet, which was extremely cool.
      I think the city of Wendover put it on as an appreciation gesture..
      Last edited by 754; 04-27-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
        I know it's not ideal....I really just want to build a dome
        Probably is a better idea though in the northern latitudes as you get better volume to surface ratio for heat retention.

What's the white garnish on the potatoes above? I remember some 20 years ago in Florida every meal seemed to have it but more recent trips further north I haven't seen the same thing. Not quite cream, not butter or marge.

Comment

I have to get our grill going now.. I seer them on max heat for ~2 minutes on each side, then lower the heat and cook until med/rare.
          Get it going? I grill and smoke year round in Northern Michigan. Often right before a big storm hits. Sometimes during. A friend has a Viking with a grll in his kitchen, and a commercial hood. That's really nice, especially after late night outings. But I'm out in the elements.

I love ribeyes and the grill is warming now. The traditional sear works good. I also like the reverse sear, particularly when the steaks get pretty thick. I put them on the electric smoker at 225F until internal temp reaches 110 (45-60 minutes, depending on thickness and initial temp). Then the steak is seared on a super hot grill with the lid open (you're trying to sear, not raise internal temp), to about 125F. It usually goes very quick, about 1 - 1.5 minutes per side. The amount of carry-over depends on a few variables but it is easy to get 10-12 degrees, so you need to watch it. The rest duration depends..

A remote read probe is key, because you do not want to lose juice by removing the probe. For the intense sear you may need to wrap the cable in foil, or make sure it stays out of the blast zone.

The reverse sear does two things extremely well - it results in an even done-ness with very thick cuts, and the steak retains a tremendous amount of juice. The juice is huge. This can be done on one grill but it is more challenging/awkward to go from 225 to super hot. I also like to sear in cast iron.

Cooking rib-eyes on the grill on the boat in the middle of the summer. What more could anyone want
          Salmon in Alaska, straight from the hook to the knife to grill, is pretty good..

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
            I love ribeyes and the grill is warming now. The traditional sear works good. I also like the reverse sear, particularly when the steaks get pretty thick. I put them on the electric smoker at 225F until internal temp reaches 110 (45-60 minutes, depending on thickness and initial temp). Then the steak is seared on a super hot grill with the lid open (you're trying to sear, not raise internal temp), to about 125F. It usually goes very quick, about 1 - 1.5 minutes per side. The amount of carry-over depends on a few variables but it is easy to get 10-12 degrees, so you need to watch it. The rest duration depends..
            Reverse sear for the win! Especially on a charcoal kettle - one side with low indirect heat to slowly bring up the internal temp, the opposite side as hot as possible with banked coals.

Comment

What's in chili like that if there's no beans? about the only potential thing that could have sustained life,

you cannot eat like a 6 year old year after year and expect good results, my guess is a good percentage of that "sandwich" is going to be used to grow a new tumor...

Comment

I think we need to post our cholesterol numbers. Here's mine:

http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                USA Maryland 21030

Comment

[QUOTE=PStechPaul;1235533]I think we need to post our cholesterol numbers. Here's mine:

Never been tested - but just took the ticker up to 164 yesterday and held it for minutes on end to set a new strava K.O.M. record - so im thinking it's at least in the ballpark lol

Comment

We had spaghetti for dunner.
                    Andy

Comment

[QUOTE=A.K. Boomer;1235536]
                      Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
                      I think we need to post our cholesterol numbers. Here's mine:

Never been tested - but just took the ticker up to 164 yesterday and held it for minutes on end to set a new strava K.O.M. record - so im thinking it's at least in the ballpark lol
                      I don't ride a bike, I'm a runner ....what's a K.O.M. ???
                      Dave
                      Oh, my lipid panel numbers are way better than Paul's

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                        Probably is a better idea though in the northern latitudes as you get better volume to surface ratio for heat retention.
                        Yeah, no.

Comment

I don't ride a bike, I'm a runner ....what's a K.O.M. ???
                          Dave
                          King of the mountain, fasted time ever recorded for a certain training segment.

Comment

Spent some time at the pub tonite, and had a burger without any bread or bun- ordered with a lettuce wrap, which I didn't actually get. So it was burger on a plate, with white cheese and little else. Sure, I had a side salad, but the burger was not adulterated with any kind of yeast product, nor infested with a questionable sauce of any kind. I've come to prefer it that way- I want to taste the beef, and I want to taste the cheese, and the mushrooms too if I order that or if it comes with.

I chose this option instead of going to where I could have had a decent steak, which is really what I wanted to do. Sadly, this pub doesn't offer what I would consider a decent steak, so the decision was to stay at the pub and have the steak somewhere else another day. The pub was fun, burger was decent, music was good, company was good- it wasn't a hard decision.

And now- if I'm being honest, I have to add that I'm having desert at home, which is those sweet macaroon thingies that I got a couple days ago. Great- almost midnight and I'm eating a sugar intensive oily thing that's probably able to resist decay for at least six months if left outside. Yummy
                            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                              Good idea in theory. In practice, too much of the space in a dome is useless space.

Comment

That's a Unicomp buckling spring keyboard. Arguably the best keyboard available today. If you're a fan of the original IBM Model M keyboards, then this is that but manufacturing is now done by Unicomp using the original model M tooling/etc.
                                I haven't tried a Unicomp. It is a great option and they are very reasonably priced. I have a few originals that should hold me just fine.

And fwiw, that design is almost entirely immune from the effects of food and debris.

Comment

Working...
                                X