What did you eat today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glug View Post

And fwiw, that design is almost entirely immune from the effects of food and debris.
    I thought most of them are - iv taken a few apart and at least all the ones iv seen have a thin membrane that covers the entire area...

I would like to eventually get a lighted keyboard though as sometimes i have trouble seeing what's what.

Comment

Yes the light colored keyboards are so much easier to deal with. Seems as if for the last ten plus years the trend has been to all black keyboards. Great for well light offices but in the evening and early winter mornings I like my lighting a bit more on the subdued side and find the black keyboards a PIA.
      Not everyone enjoys sitting under the light intensity of a 500 watt halogen.

I'll keep my eyes open for one of the Unicomps that 3PH linked to, I'm sure it's light years ahead of the dollar store keyboards that come with most systems these days.
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb
        You guys want lighted keyboards, but don't understand the value from all of the bells and whistles in new cars? Oh the irony!

For lunch, some PB&F
        You can have the PB&F, i'll take the cat! Looks like a very kind kitty.

Comment

For lunch, some PB&F
          At first glance, I thought that meant peanut butter & Fur.

Comment

You guys want lighted keyboards, but don't understand the value from all of the bells and whistles in new cars? Oh the irony!

For lunch, some PB&F
            I understand some folks earn a very healthy living fixing and redesigning computer software and integration so that it will be a more usable and friendly experience. This on systems built by arguably the biggest and most successful name in the industry who has had decades of experience in refining that system.
            Then you would want others to embrace infotainment systems in cars that have a lifespan of one or two model years before it is shelved only to be replaced by "the next big thing".

The biggest issue encountered by new car buyers are related to in car electronics and it has been for some time now, each new generation of features adds to the consumer headaches. Oh the irony!

It's not that we don't see value in what is offered, however the execution of the concept is flawed. Just tired of having to be the test mule on my dime.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classi...222-story.html

Lexus and Porsche tied for the top spot, leading all brands for dependability in the survey released Wednesday by the consulting firm J.D. Power. But electronic problems caused trouble across the industry, pushing the average up to 156 problems per 100 vehicles. That's four problems higher than last year and the highest number since J.D. Power changed scoring methods in 2015.
            Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
            Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

How much can a good optioned Keyboard cost ?
              Now camp are that a fully optioned car..
              One has the potential for far higher repair bills.

Some of us just want a car or truck, not a rolling nav systems with endless gadgets..
              How did people manage to drive 60,s and 70 s cars ?
              Well a lot of us survived and here we are onnthe forum.
              Many are metal heads not Gadgetheads..

Comment

If you think owning ones bad try working on them, im going to be out pretty soon but I pity the poor slobs that are just stepping into the field...

iv seen main wiring harnesses go from no bigger than my thumb to over the size of my ankle,,, know a guy who just tagged a deer in a ford escape - got just the headlight a little no big whoop - till you price the headlight and it's over $1,200 bucks...

things are way out of control in so many areas... I think allot of us have seen the greatest times to live and im not talking about whats around the corner...

Comment

Made some pizzas with my home grown sourdough starter.

One onion with cheese sauce I made and one pepperoni with oaxaca cheese (like a string cheese).

Both came out really well. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

If I put myself in your shoes, the future does look pointless. I think you need some better shoes dude!
                    Don't even get me started on shoe's - it's like they last me about 4 or 5 months,,, something about the hollow lugs that used to be solid, now you wear into hollow area's and then it's really all over in short order...

Comment

No mold, just yeasts, the alcohols from the yeast kills the mold(usually). You don't know what you're missing!

Comment

Had a nice cap on rib eye steak, sauteed mushrooms, and onions, along with some roasted potatoes all cooked on the charcoal. First grilled meal of the year. Went out for a hike with the kids this morning in search of some fiddle heads, but we're a couple days early. Found some Leeks (ramps) that were ready though, but I'll save them for a fiddlehead feast. Won't be long until the morels are out too, and the asparagus starts poking up. I love springtime forest food. Also found a bunch more Chaga growing than I did in the winter.

Wish I was more knowledgeable about wild edible mushrooms. We found so many today, but I have no interest in rolling the dice. I've got a couple books, and have watched a bunch of videos about them, but I still think that's something to be learned first hand directly from someone. Ideally with them eating one first lol.

Comment

So far today:

Grits with sausage

Butterfinger Blizzard

I will have something healthy for dinner.

......... Maybe. I'm hungry but I'm heading for the shop first.
                          Paul A.
                          SE Texas

Make it fit.
                          You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

One of my colleagues was telling me how great his 100+ year old sourdough is that he got from previous generations.. All I could think of is how incredibly moldy and disgusting it must be... He tried to explain the process, but it was too late as I was already hung up on the 100+ year mold image in my head and wasn't processing anything he was saying after that
                            Haa. You and my Wife. And she is a Nurse with Credentials. JR
                            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Every time I've tried to grow a sourdough starter it's grown moldy. Would love to be able to keep one, as I love sourdough.

Ask Erlich about them
                              If I had any of those shrooms growing around here I wouldn't be posting about them online

Comment

A Pakistani dish called "chicken biryani", which I purchased from a local Mexican restaurant where they called it a "ranchero special."

Yes, it's the Mexican restaurant that plays Korean pop music on the PA system...

"America: all your culture are belong to U.S. ..."

Comment

Working...
                                X