Suckage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plunger View Post
    Whats a c note for us on the other side of the planet?
    Would guess at a hundred dollar bill...but I'm lost if it's a reference to the picture on it.

Comment

Originally posted by plunger View Post
      Whats a c note for us on the other side of the planet?
      Yes, $100

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
        Would guess at a hundred dollar bill...but I'm lost if it's a reference to the picture on it.
        Google says it's because C in Roman Numerals = 100.

OP: You suck, you know it, and you are just rubbing it in Well done, very nice haul.

Comment

My question is, what sort of award do we give to the other person in this deal- the seller?
          Bill
          I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

Chump award?

For only asking a benjamin for it all?
            CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
            Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
            Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
            I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
            Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Nice haul Sid. I've been trying to find a nice deal on some good old adjustable parallels for a while because I don't want to buy import ones, you did good on that one. Those chucks are very nice too.

Comment

What is the backstory with the seller and transaction?

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                  Chump award?

For only asking a benjamin for it all?
                  Well YOU might pin that label on someone with out knowing the back story.

The items came from a friend of mine that is getting out of the trade. He's been in it for 40 years. We've worked together, and he's taught me much. He's a true craftsman, and a good soul.

Truth is, I could only GIVE him $100. He didn't want that. He has multiples of things over the years (obviously).
                  He is paying it forward. I, in turn, am paying it forward to my friend. He offered me money for the parallel sets. I will not take any either.
                  I know they are going to someone who will use them and take care of them and not turn around and sell them.

Just like my friend trusted me, I am trusting him.

Makes for a good hobby.

Now, you know the rest of the story.

Sid
                  Last edited by sid pileski; 05-01-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                    Well YOU might pin that label on someone with out knowing the back story.

The items came from a friend of mine that is getting out of the trade. He's been in it for 40 years. We've worked together, and he's taught me much. He's a true craftsman, and a good sole.

Truth is, I could only GIVE him $100. He didn't want that. He has multiples of things over the years (obviously).
                    He is paying it forward. I, in turn, am paying it forward to my friend. He offered me money for the parallel sets. I will not take any either.
                    I know they are going to someone who will use them and take care of them and not turn around and sell them.

Just like my friend trusted me, I am trusting him.

Makes for a good hobby.

Now, you know the rest of the story.

Sid
                    That makes it a heart warming suckage. Even better.

Comment

Thank you.
                      *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Way to go Sid!
                        “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Working...
                        X