PB is at it again, if you still have pics there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB is at it again, if you still have pics there

They will make it more difficult to see your pics in links if you do not pay up.

I left my old pics there, so that the old links are not broken, but I am not paying up, they can rot. Anyone who wants to see the pics can (for now) just click on them.

The announcement:

CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Usage of 25MB per month can be fifty 500KB jpeg photos. It is not likely that this should affect anyone here who is careful about sizing. I got that message too, two or three weeks ago. I just ignored it and found a way to upload as usual, with no charge.
    Allan Ostling

Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

Originally posted by aostling View Post
      Usage of 25MB per month can be fifty 500KB jpeg photos. It is not likely that this should affect anyone here who is careful about sizing.
      Use.com has no limit. No limit on image sizes or bandwidth. You can also post videos. I've been using it since 2012 without issue. Pho-bucket and the others ceased to be useful back then, for various intentional reasons.

Being able to post one large file means people can click through to see intricate detail, without needing to take the time to post crops of the image.

Comment

Originally posted by aostling View Post
        Usage of 25MB per month can be fifty 500KB jpeg photos. It is not likely that this should affect anyone here who is careful about sizing. I got that message too, two or three weeks ago. I just ignored it and found a way to upload as usual, with no charge.
        But for HSM, for example, each time someone clicks on a thread the photo is downloaded since only the link resides in the HSM servers. So a 500kb picture in a thread that is viewed by 50 users will use up the whole 25Mb of free hosting.
        Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Yep, it is NOT storage, but the amount of data served in response to requests.

I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.

Comment

Or that 25MB is 250Mb which is 2 seconds of my modem bandwidth. So they charge the customer for delivering the content but how much do they pay the ISP who actually provides that bandwidth and infrastructure to deliver the content. Probably nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
              Or that 25MB is 250Mb which is 2 seconds of my modem bandwidth. So they charge the customer for delivering the content but how much do they pay the ISP who actually provides that bandwidth and infrastructure to deliver the content. Probably nothing.
              I have a gigabit internet connection in my home with a maximum transfer rate of ~950Mbps which is around ~100MB a second so 25MB is only around 250 milliseconds assuming no contention round trip

Comment

The morons keep emailing me this. They can rot. They are gasping their dying breath.

Comment

Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
                  The morons keep emailing me this. They can rot. They are gasping their dying breath.

Yea, those morons assume you can afford $5/mo... They should know better!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                    Yea, those morons assume you want to pay them $5/mo... They should know better!!
                    There, I fixed it for you, for free.....

Comment

They say I'm over 500MB/month too. You guys need to stop looking at my pics

Comment

They told me my "free Limit" was 150 pictures
                        I deleted about 75 and left it at 149 pics for links I know still work.

So

They still email me that I am over the free limit. I'll let them delete my left over account..
                        I am sure it is really tough for their servers

Rich
                        Green Bay, WI

Comment

I read the title to this thread, and amazed people still haven't learned their lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                            I read the title to this thread, and amazed people still haven't learned their lesson.
                            Yup, it's the same folks who always complain and don't want to pay to play...

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                              Yup, it's the same folks who always complain and don't want to pay to play...
                              Why would you want to pay for a free service. PB made money by selling ads which were shown when someone viewed the images. Now they want to extort money from their users as well. One would be well advised to not pay extortioners.

Comment

Working...
                              X