X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Machine Shop prepares for second round of import tariffs

** no politics, please **

A 25% tariff was levied on machinery in July 2018; the recent tariff increase on other items from 10% to 25% will mostly be affecting tooling at LMS:

https://littlemachineshop.com/

I wasn't aware the threat of another increase was actually enacted or just part of negotiations.
    Len

Comment

Originally posted by tlfamm View Post
      ** no politics, please **

A 25% tariff was levied on machinery in July 2018; the recent tariff increase on other items from 10% to 25% will mostly be affecting tooling at LMS:

https://littlemachineshop.com/
      Excuse me but the tariffs are a very political subject. They didn't just happen on their own.

Brian
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Hi,

One has to wonder when Made in China machines and tooling starts getting replaced by stuff made in India and other SE Asian countries. This is an opportunity for Indian makers of cheap tools. We already see cheap Indian RoTabs, vises, and angle plates. Cutting tools and whole machines next?
        If you think you understand what is going on, you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Not just India, but how about made in the U.S.A. !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
            Yeah, that'll happen when wages get to $0.17/hour!

Comment

Tariffs will not solve the long term problem --- while granted it's an effort to level the playing field some there's a much bigger fish to fry and that's the fact that your average american factory worker expects to get a half million dollar house with a three car garage and fill it all full of crap.

all while the chinese worker is living in a hut and lives off of rice,,, so "how about made in the USA?" perhaps with certain things but if you are expecting to get a carb kit for your weed eater that also comes with three prime bulbs an air filter/fuel filter and spark plug all for under 9 bucks free shipping then you might want to think again... if we ever did step up and put together a kit like that your going to be paying more for it than what your weedwackers actually worth...

correction --- not a carb "kit" talking the entire brand new carb!!!
              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 05-15-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bob_s View Post
                Yeah, that'll happen when wages get to $0.17/hour!
                Yup - there ya go...

Comment

I don't recall hearing anything from Grizzly about this, even though I'm sure it affects them. Also Bolton tools, for sure.

Comment

Little Crappy Sieg Workshop?
                    Tell me, do machines made in Taiwan suffer from it as well? No?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Were those high tarriffs put on last summer, went away after negotiating, did they not?
                      Now the negotiating back on and a 'threat' of high tariffs, right?USA ?
                      Even if the tariffs hold to China, it will be interesting to see who fills the void.
                      Mexico? India? Taiwan? Gasp!! USA?

Comment

Even if the tariffs hold to China, it will be interesting to see who fills the void.
                        Mexico? India? Taiwan? Gasp!! USA?
                        with what? you already have full employment. To anyone versed in economics, its very clear the effect of tariffs is more money going to government, less exports and a lower standard of living. I don't do politics, but that's the economics of it. Most don't delineate between the two, so yeah this will probably go down quickly and get locked

Comment

Working...
                        X