• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drone catcher

careful... machining content, no food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi3E...ature=youtu.be

I want one...

I don't want one - im not even semi-content with watching someone actually build one and then saying to myself --- ehhh

Comment

what's wrong with a good ole fashioned pump action and not even having to say the word "pull" lol

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
        what's wrong with a good ole fashioned pump action and not even having to say the word "pull" lol
        Sure, for the first one, but after that, you've got to somehow convince the guy to get his backup drone in the air...

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb
          Yea, it would be much more fun to just grab a 12G.
          Better yet, one of the old 6 ga. double barrel punt guns.

JL.................

Comment

Whre's the element of fair play, the thrill of the hunt with that? Bow and arrow.

Comment

It looks like a $5000 solution in search of a problem........but, I haven't been bothered by drones flying around.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MikeL46 View Post
                It looks like a $5000 solution in search of a problem........but, I haven't been bothered by drones flying around.

Mike
                that was my thought....I don't think i've see one in the wild.

As for the shotgun, I doubt drones are an issue for the back for remote and rural folks (whats a drone doing in the middle of nowhere?)....for the urbanites, you wouldn't t expect an urgent visit from the constabulary once you start blasting away in the city?

Comment

If you live in the country where it would be OK to shoot them, there probably aren't many drones flying over you and if you do it in an inhabited area, that is what your cell mate will be telling you to do. Just because you have a gun dosen't mean you should be an idiot.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                    Just because you have a gun dosen't mean you should be an idiot.

Damn :-(

Comment

I guess some people just don't recognize tongue in cheek ...

Comment

Probably more effective than a shotgun and in it's own way just as satisfying are signal jammers. You can watch it fall out of the sky all by itself and still have something salvageable, unlike a shotgun. Using one of these the only shortcoming would be that WTF look on the pilot's face.
                        However their use is also illegal, although their signature is much less detectable than that of a shotgun. Around here though a shot or two will only be questioned by...What's for dinner?

Having said that, anybody that wants to hover over me with a 2-5 thousand dollar toy in order to see what I'm up to can go right ahead. That's probably as close to reality video as he's going to get, complete with swearing and throwing crap tools over the fence.

Personally I'd love to have one for the unlimited natural beauty that the venue allows one to capture. People as a subject matter, not so much.
                        I do realize though, there are voyeurs out there that would beg to differ. LOL
                        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Signal jammers are illegal in the US. Shotguns are not.

Comment

I was at a civil aviation drone threat information meeting sponsored by the Wisconsin Commemorative Air-force at the invitation of a fellow ham radio operator who is also a commercial pilot, and left with the distinct impression that interfering with a drone would not be looked at kindly.

Please see this for more information:
                            https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/19526/is-it-legal-to-shoot-down-a-drone-on-your-property-in-the-us

This is not to say that the aviation athorities are pleased with drones and want them to be every where, It's just not an easy subject to deal with legally.

Some of the scary scenarios that are enabled by modern drones right now, and that is without science fiction enhanced abilities, are indeed frightening.

GPS destinations can be programmed without possibility of being recalled by the launching party. This allows for delivery of aerosol dispersed drugs, biological or explosive payloads. The zombie flights don't transmit data, and even if they did, without feed back from the launching station all the data from the drone would tell you is possible where it is or yield a video stream... not much help if you are the intended or incidental target. Blocking the GPS is not a defense as they are capable of uncontrolled inertial flight as well.

So just 'knocking them out of the air' is hardly a good defense.

So whats the upshot? The odds are against you being a target, but if you are the target you are toast.

I just plan to mind my own business. I don't do things that are crowd based anyway, so my personal threat level is lowered.

Have a nice day...
                            paul
                            ARS W9PCS

Esto Vigilans

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...
                            but you may have to

Comment

I was talking to a guy a couple of years ago that told me he was having problems with drones invading his space. They were flying around his house and he said looking in his windows. So he started shooting them out of the air with a shotgun. He also told me that when the cops come knocking on your door you don't have to answer the door.

Brian
                              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X