Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's our resident antique outboard motor guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's our resident antique outboard motor guy?

The one that fixes the little guys up & collects 'em on purpose.
    Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Andy

Comment

LOL (great movie that was)

Comment

We used to have a Bearcat 55 4 stroke outboard, and a Winner "Pink Panther."
        First four-stroke outboard, and I think the first fiberglass boat. It was dropped off at the dump after it was seen shooting oil out the cooling line.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My favorites are Waterwitches.

Andy

Comment

very unique! I googled them to see more and actually seen the one in your pic running, pretty cool - if the jetsons used outboards they would be waterwitches lol

Comment

Do you know of any old outboards with a full holding circle around the motor like a steering wheel for reverse and all the other positions? I think that would be kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
                My favorites are Waterwitches.

Hey Andy-
                I'm wondering if you know a guy my way that is quite the collector of outboard motors?
                His name is Steve Shehadi. He's got a couple of those Waterwitches too.
                Couple of Indians, and a bunch of others.
                BYW, that's a very nice resto!

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                  Do you know of any old outboards with a full holding circle around the motor like a steering wheel for reverse and all the other positions? I think that would be kinda cool.

Nelson log bronc

Comment

I'm not into collecting and restoring old outboards, but I've got a couple. One old Sears circa 1950 5HP with a Tecumseh powerhead, and an early 70s Wards Seaking 7.5hp. My dad's got a couple as well. We haven't run any of those old motors in ages. I know the Sears Tecumseh runs. Not sure about the SeaKing. They are notorious for fuel pump failures. As long as its been sitting I am sure it needs a new diaphragm. My dad's also got a couple old Evinrudes (60s maybe) in pieces on the shelf in his shop.

You know I might just might have to light up one of those old motors. I've got a 14' shallow V in the yard I've been thinking about turning into a rock hopper. Before I start cutting for a tunnel and sponsons I need to leak check it. I figure if I take it out I'll want to fish a little... Might as well have something to push it around with besides paddles. Its rated for 25HP, but this is just for a leak test. I've already got the motor and jet pump I plan to assemble for it.
                    Last edited by Bob La Londe; 06-12-2019, 12:39 PM.
                    *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

I have a old Neptune that I could trade out if anybody wants to collect.

Comment

Thanks guys! Sent you a PM Andy.
                        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
                          I have a old Neptune that I could trade out if anybody wants to collect.
                          I've got a couple Neptunes as well. I like the older outboards that are just a motor and gas tank.

Andy

Comment

You really rolled out the red carpeting for the water witches, those tanks look familiar, was one of those the recipient of the late great frozen water dent removal procedure fiasco? want to talk about it? were here for you brutha....

Comment

Actually the motor/tank on the left was the ice queen. I should start in on rebuilding that waterwitch one of these days. Maybe in blue so some day I could have a bare aluminum tank witch, the red one, and a blue one.
                              Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X