Why is this switch hard to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this switch hard to find?

Stupid question, but I don't know the exact phrasing to use to find this type of switch. I want it to disconnect the power in to the VFD box on my lathe, just as this person is doing on his conversion.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Selector Switch

https://www.alliedelec.com/switches/selector-switches/

Comment

When you get into industrial switches, it is common to buy the electric end and the knob/bezel/mount separately. You can mix & match a great variety of compatible hardware. The Allied link above shows a few, DigiKey and Mouser have large selections as well.

Comment

Rotary on-off switch.
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Yes, a double pole single throw switch function, rated for the current, and probably about like PSTP's illustration. The "cam" witches are the ones I prefer, but any switch type UL rated for the power level and voltage will work.

A switch with the "1" and "0" designation should disconnect BOTH lines in the "0" position, so get a double pole switch if you want to keep that bezel.

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
            When you get into industrial switches, it is common to buy the electric end and the knob/bezel/mount separately. You can mix & match a great variety of compatible hardware. The Allied link above shows a few, DigiKey and Mouser have large selections as well.
            Exactly. Allen-Bradley, Telemecanique, etc.

Comment

Mcmaster Carr has them
              https://www.mcmaster.com/electrical-controls

Comment

Originally posted by portlandRon View Post
                Ordered it. Yes, needed one that could switch 25 amps. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X