A useful painting tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A useful painting tool

I'm gonna let you guess just what this is for...... But it is a tool for use in the process of painting. it would not be wrong for it to have a handle, but it is not required.

I made it out of scrap stuff, so deductions from any discoloration etc may be very wrong, the scrap was dirty and had various color crud on it.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Judging from the angle of the bolt, it would appear that when opened, it would clamp just about right on a paintbrush handle. It would be handy for a slightly extended reach, and it would let you put the paintbrush down without paint getting on everything.
    Last edited by darryl; 06-29-2019, 12:02 AM.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

A clip to hold a hanging wire. Over engineered variety.
      Mike
      WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Ok fine two can play at this game, does it clip onto a ladder? is there a bucket or paint tray involved?

Comment

None of the above, actually.

So far nobody close......

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Everything not impossible is compulsory

Comment

Razor scraper Handel

Comment

No need to make an Oratorio out of it

Comment

My first thought was something to keep a door open while youre painting it, clips on to the door and smacks against the fram, keeps you from locking yourself in after removing the knob

Then i remembered that not everybody is as stupid as me

Comment

Used for controlling the paint line when painting in corners or against trim, or other places that you don't want painted. The RH end clamps onto a piece of thin metal (sheet metal, saw blade, etc.) to use as an edger.
                  Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

It's for squeezing excess paint out of small paint brushes, made by the Over-Specialized Tool Division of J Tiers Inc.

Comment

Clamp it to the can's rim to remove excess paint without filling the sealing rim with paint
                      Helder Ferreira
                      Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                        I'm gonna let you guess just what this is for...... But it is a tool for use in the process of painting. it would not be wrong for it to have a handle, but it is not required.

I made it out of scrap stuff, so deductions from any discoloration etc may be very wrong, the scrap was dirty and had various color crud on it.

My guess is it's for sealing the paint can by pressing the lid of the can down into it's seat.

Comment

He said it had nothing to do with the "bucket" so think that means paint can as that's what I was talking about when I asked the question and included paint tray...

it does look like something JT would make, the wingnut's a dead giveaway...

Comment

OK, this has gone far enough.......what is it???

JL.............

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                              OK, this has gone far enough.......what is it???

JL.............
                              I just hope it's not one of those "your kidding me" type JT tools --- I mean we got people cooking their brains out and for what right? we'll see I guess...

Comment

Working...
                              X