Found a old Aklands Catalogue Mill&Lathe Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a old Aklands Catalogue Mill&Lathe Pics

Was cleaning out a lean too on machine shed and found this old Aklands Catalogue,was shocked to see my Varnamo U-3 Mill listed there.Info on them is pretty scarce,could not find out what year but suspect early 80's.Posted some other pics of machines that maybe forum members might have.

More pics

Comment

The Summit machines look a bit like TOS, the FNK turret mill are seen quite often.
      A friend of mine has a Excello mill, he likes.
      My neigbor worked at Xcello in the metallury dept one summer about 50 years ago.

Comment

The Summit machines look a bit like TOS, the FNK turret mill are seen quite often.
        A friend of mine has a Excello mill, he likes.
        My neigbor worked at Xcello in the metallury dept one summer about 50 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
          Was cleaning out a lean too on machine shed and found this old Aklands Catalogue[/URL]
          Well, I am a loon for old Catalogues. Good for you , nice fine. And it is relevant. JR
          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Cool. I have an Excello 602 mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
              ...Was cleaning out a lean too on machine shed and found this old Aklands Catalogue,was shocked to see my Varnamo U-3 Mill listed there.Info on them is pretty scarce,could not find out what year but suspect early 80's...
              Pretty cool find Dale. I think you'll find it's even earlier than that. They built a new Acklands store near
              our shop in the early 80s and we did a lot of business with them till they sold to Grainger. I don't remember
              ever seeing a catalogue like that or any hint that they had machinery of that nature for sale so it was probably
              before that time...
              Keith

Comment

Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
                Cool. I have an Excello 602 mill.
                Another 602 owner checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                  Well, I am a loon for old Catalogues. Good for you , nice fine. And it is relevant. JR
                  Ya I have a soft spot for older Catalogues or Manuals for different machines,I found a 1920 Fairbanks General Catalouge 900 pages at a flea Market.A huge selection of Metal Lathes and a New Style Gearhead Lathe is listed as well
                  Originally posted by LKeithR View Post
                  Pretty cool find Dale. I think you'll find it's even earlier than that. They built a new Acklands store near
                  our shop in the early 80s and we did a lot of business with them till they sold to Grainger. I don't remember
                  ever seeing a catalogue like that or any hint that they had machinery of that nature for sale so it was probably
                  before that time...
                  Keith you might be right on it being older but a CNC Mill is listed as in pic.The pics of Power Hacksaws may jog someone memory of timeline.The Westward Gorilla Drill Presses were pretty sturdy and made in Tawain,note in info states sold with out motor.

Comment

I got a friend near me that has one of those Summit 11x32 lathes.His was made in Japan and is a very nice lathe.
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I have a old McMaster Carr catalog that I paid a buck for at a flea market 30 years ago. I really like looking at that thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Another photo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

TTT, you know there is a Varnamo mill on Kijiji right now in Drayton Valley?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-busine...nt=app_android

Comment

I’ll be darned! I see a picture of my Luxcut lathe (11 x 36). I always suspected it originally came from Ackland’s as I got it from a school and they used Acklands as a supply source for years & years and still do. Very cool - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Darrp View Post
                              TTT, you know there is a Varnamo mill on Kijiji right now in Drayton Valley?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-busine...nt=app_android

Thanks Darrp,talked to the guy this morning maybe going on a road trip.Not for myself but a freind.

Comment

Working...
                              X