Little press I forgot I had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little press I forgot I had

I bought this little Greenerd arbor press,well so long ago I can't remember when.I do remember that I paid the princely sum of $30 for it and two tap handles.Anyway I was cleaning up the other day and found it and since today was a rainy day,I decided to clean it up and paint it.

Before-

And after-

I took about an hour to disassemble,clean and bead blast,then paint the casting.Highlighting the lettering took longer than that,to remember how I did it the last time

The paint is just Rustoleum Hammered 7212830 Light Blue.
    Last edited by wierdscience; 07-13-2019, 10:30 PM.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Nice job weird,I think Arbor Presses are so cool what you can do with a stroke of your arm.

Comment

I have the same press, tho missing the slot plate.
      I would love the dementors of the plate and slot sizes so that I could duplicate
      "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Now you can’t use it for fear of getting it dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
          I would love the dementors of the plate and slot sizes so that I could duplicate
          I have extra plates. I will be happy to send you one for the cost of shipping.

Comment

Nice Job! How would you like a nice vacation in the Black Forest of Germany? I have lots of stuff for you to clean up and paint just like your arbor press!
            How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Good work AND a respectable paint job!

I haven't used my press for so long, it's covered in bench rubble. I think it's holding an air hose too.

Comment

Nice job, and nice little press.

Comment

Originally posted by plastikosmd View Post
                  This one I don't think is original.It's thinner and made from steel,the dimensions of the factory plates are here-

http://www.greenerd.com/arborpress-d...aspx?pressid=3
                  Last edited by wierdscience; 07-14-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
                    Nice Job! How would you like a nice vacation in the Black Forest of Germany? I have lots of stuff for you to clean up and paint just like your arbor press!
                    I need to clone myself

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                      Good work AND a respectable paint job!

I haven't used my press for so long, it's covered in bench rubble. I think it's holding an air hose too.
                      It's called flat spot disease,the only cure is raking the junk off on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by garyhlucas View Post
                        Now you can’t use it for fear of getting it dirty.
                        That's one thing I like about the Hammered paint and the original Hammerite,nothing really sticks to it once it's fully cured.

Comment

How did you paint the lettering? By a roller, flat plate or by brushing freehand?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                            How did you paint the lettering? By a roller, flat plate or by brushing freehand?
                            I was wondering the same thing since he stated it took longer than anything else, a roller of the correct pad density would make short work of that no?

it's a nice little press - I could see having something like that, but I have my mills quill for the light stuff and my 12 ton for heavier, still would be nice to fill in that gap with a medium duty unit like that...

Comment

That's a cutie! Handy for small bearings and the like I'm sure. I've broken so many fewer things since I got a arbor press

Comment

Working...
                              X