OT sewage basin inlet seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT sewage basin inlet seal

My son has a sewage basin tank that ground water is leaking past the seal around the PVC inlet pipe. The outside is not accessible, it's buried in a concrete slab. The tank is most likely polyethylene, from what I have read not much will stick to it. I'll be checking with the local plumbing supply tomorrow to see what they have to seal it, but has anyone had any ideas or experience with this? Stu

Originally posted by Stu View Post
    My son has a sewage basin tank that ground water is leaking past the seal around the PVC inlet pipe. The outside is not accessible, it's buried in a concrete slab. The tank is most likely polyethylene, from what I have read not much will stick to it. I'll be checking with the local plumbing supply tomorrow to see what they have to seal it, but has anyone had any ideas or experience with this? Stu
    Plumbers putty or Electricians Duct seal for a temporary measure?

Comment

When I installed the sanitary sump basin for the sewage connection on my downstairs bathroom, the sump came with a gasket that was sort of like a grommet. Flanged on the inside and out very tight to get the 4" sewer pipe into the fitting.

I would try a good silicone adhesive caulk first, GOOP brand is a favorite.

But I would also be concerned about where the ground water is coming from?

Is it enough that the sewage pump cycles frequently?

Comment

For now the leak has stopped, and the pump is not cycling. The problem was found out when the pump failed, the level rose and the alarm went off, we replaced the pump and after it emptied we heard water squirting back in on the side of the inlet pipe. after a couple of cycles the leak abated and after a while my son said it stopped altogether. My theory is after the pump failed and the water rose above the inlet pipe and sewage water leaked past the pipe, when the tank was emptied it rushed back in. He's keeping an eye on it and in the meantime looking for a suitable gasket to use on the inside.

stu

Comment

Well it's official - not only have we covered just about everything we possibly could on this forum - we've sunk to an all time low,,, it's a poop pump with special blades designed to slice up poop before it gets pumped... perfect, lets see if this one runs a couple dozen pages or so ...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
            we've sunk to an all time low,,, it's a poop pump with special blades designed to slice up poop
            Well, you were looking for something goopy just a short while ago!

Comment

Working...
            X