Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I got a great deal on a 9x49 milling machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I got a great deal on a 9x49 milling machine.

Hi folks,

I'm a professional machinist with 25 years experience.

I have a Logan 7500 chucker 14" lathe. Now I have a milling machine to accompany it. A MSC 9x49 milling machine. I know, I know it's no Bridgeport. But it is brand new and I only paid $2,925 for it. It has no power feeds or DRO. It is 2hp 3phase.

Here it is. https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-x-49-Vari...72.m2749.l2649

I have pictures of it in my garage. I'll try to post them tomorrow.

I'm pretty excited.

Gil

Yup, from where I sit that's a deal! Congrats!
    "A machinist's (WHAP!) best friend (WHAP! WHAP!) is his hammer. (WHAP!)" - Fred Tanner, foreman, Lunenburg Foundry and Engineering machine shop, circa 1979

Comment

That qualifies you for the 'you suck' posting of the week. !!
      Put a VFD on that and you got a sweet variable speed machine !

Comment

Oh yeah? Well I am a retired machinist with 50 years in the business. OK, enough comparing weenie sizes and now down to the matter at hand *LOL*

That LOGAN looks exactly like the JET 9 X 42 I bought about 10 years ago. I paid about $4200 for it new and delivered with no power feed or DRO. I got it factory with single phase (my request) and mine didn't have the variable speed head either.

Mine has performed flawlessly and has remained tight over the years. I think you got a hell of a deal. I would certainly recommend this mill to someone looking for a Bridgeport alternative.

Comment

Nice.
          *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Flyer View Post
            I'm pretty excited.

Gil
            I have a feeling you are going to like that brand new MSC mill alot. Very nice. JR
            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

You are right, it's no Bridgeport, and compared to my Bridgeport, that's a good thing. Nice mill!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bridgeport is the Kleenex of milling machines. No better than most mills out there but has name recognition.

Comment

Looks like a nice machine.
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Big box ways too boot. That is a hell of a score you got there!
                    Andy

Comment

You Suck!

Comment

Yep- Definitely Suckworthy! I suspect you will be forced to enjoy using that one for many years. Get a DRO (at least) on it. It will be worth every penny. With a DRO and X power feed, you will be into it for about 1/3 the cost of a new BP with nothing on it.

Comment

Ships from Venice, FL. That's closer to my house than where I got my 10ee. Good score, wish I saw it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

well, it's not home yet. But that looks like a really good price on a really good machine. And if the paint on it is anything to go by only lightly used.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy View Post
                              I suspect you will be forced to enjoy using that one for many years.
                              Forced to use a new mill. Yeah, what a horrible curse to be plagued with.

Comment

Working...
                              X