I am bored out of my mind... Ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am bored out of my mind... Ideas...

Too darn hot and humid to want to go outside as I sit a few days in Nagoya, Japan. Before any of you suggest I not waste this opportunity, I've been here almost every month this year. I also don't want to spend any money as it is the same fund as my toy hobby which is majorly in the red...
    I am thinking of designing a non specific model of an R/C bulldozer powered by Brian's Flathead IC engine in Fusion360. And I want it to have lots of gears!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I walked 200 yards outside the hotel and took these photos.

Comment

Can Fusion open .step files or .x_t Parasolid files? If so I can send you the flathead i.c. model.---Brian
      Brian Rupnow
      Design engineer
      Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Any museums nearby in any of the places you fly to? They can usually be browsed for pretty cheap, and it would be awesome to be able to see so many from around the world.

Comment

eat sushi now!
          san jose, ca. usa

Comment

Interesting they say the Wright licencing and production is the main contributor to the automobile industry today. Don't assume it true.... I lived in Japan in the 80's and saw many such placards in English that were simply errors in the original translation and had been there for decades

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
              Can Fusion open .step files or .x_t Parasolid files? If so I can send you the flathead i.c. model.---Brian
              Yes Brian, it will

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                Interesting they say the Wright licencing and production is the main contributor to the automobile industry today. Don't assume it true.... I lived in Japan in the 80's and saw many such placards in English that were simply errors in the original translation and had been there for decades
                Last time I read the plaque, it was completely different, saying how that engine was the basis for their aviation program just prior to WW2.

Comment

lol.. maybe someone stole that last one (er... probably not in Japan) and they has to make a new one, or just the slow Govt. revision and eradication of the prior war(s) history.
                  Last edited by lakeside53; 08-18-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                    lol.. maybe someone stole that last one (er... probably not in Japan) and they has to make a new one, or just the slow Govt. revision and eradication of the prior war(s) history.
                    I do not like this new trend of sweeping past history under the rug. I'd imagine though that it can be painful to be reminded of it for a couple of countries.

Comment

On a different note...................... isn,t RB 211 a RollsRoyce engine ?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur View Post
                        On a different note...................... isn,t RB 211 a RollsRoyce engine ?
                        Yes, a crappy one at that, at least the early ones.

Comment

Could always go moon a cop, that usually cures boredom. Can be expensive if you're not a fast runner, otherwise it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                            Yes, a crappy one at that, at least the early ones.

Everybody's early engines were crappy until they worked the bugs out, Rolls, GE, Pratt, all of 'em.
                            The RB211 ended up being one of the great engines in all of jet travel.

What airline you working Japan flights for?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
                              Everybody's early engines were crappy until they worked the bugs out, Rolls, GE, Pratt, all of 'em.
                              The RB211 ended up being one of the great engines in all of jet travel.

What airline you working Japan flights for?
                              This is actually a DHL line, but we just acquired a contract with JAL flying to Narita.
                              I wasn't supposed to be sitting this long, but the protesters in Hong Kong have caused enough of a ripple effect for DHL to cancel quite a few flights. I am flying the 21st(20th for most of you) to Anchorage with a stop in Hong Kong.

Comment

Working...
                              X