• Show
Clear All

• Curb Find of the Week - 15,000 W Generator

I was riding my bicycle around today and ran across this on the curb:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Haven't checked it out yet, because the battery was dead. If the battery will hold a charge, I'll check it out this week. SCORE!!!

We await developments.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Nothing like being at the right place at the right time.
      Some folks have more money than they know what to do with if they're leaving stuff like this on the curb.

Oh well it's found a loving home now. LOL
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

What if he just sat it there while he went to get his pickup. Surprise, surprise.
        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Originally posted by SLK001 View Post
          I was riding my bicycle around today and ran across this on the curb
          You been riding past 3 phase's place often?

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
            What if he just sat it there while he went to get his pickup. Surprise, surprise.
            Well, it took me an hour to horse that thing into the back of my pickup - it must weigh 500 pounds! During the loading, no one came by "claiming" it.

Folks around here will run them after a hurricane, then just shut them off once power is restored. They leave the gas on, so the gas leaves a terrible varnish in the carburetor, so that when they need it again in three or four years time, it won't start. They try and try to get it to start, then conclude that "it must be bad", so it is to the curb with it! I'm pretty sure that I'll have to remove the carb and soak it in carb cleaner to "de-varnish" the thing first. I can't believe the size of the thing - it's like a small car!

Comment

If you get it running and producing power then nice score!

Comment

Just for S&G I Goggled it and found this site https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com...582/p1264.html

It shows a slightly newer model but they price it at $2,839.00 (and say it weighs 450 pounds).

Since no one else has said it...you SUCK!

Comment

is it single phase only ?
                  it said 30hp on it .

Comment

dang, nice work, both on the find and the hauling it home. Hope it's easy to get running again.

I love curb finds and it always amazes me what people will throw out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                      Just for S&G I Goggled it and found this site https://www.powerequipmentdirect.com...582/p1264.html

It shows a slightly newer model but they price it at $2,839.00 (and say it weighs 450 pounds).

Since no one else has said it...you SUCK!
                      Yeah, it was every bit of 450 pounds! I raced home and thru my HF truck ramps in the back, then raced back to the generator. I thought that I would simply pull it up the ramps... NOOOOOO! I could hardly budge the thing! I had to improvise with what I had on hand. I carry a set of HR ratcheting straps (the bright orange ones with only 400 lbs rated) and used two of them as a pair of Come-a-Longs. I inched it up a click at a time - and I do mean inched! After about 50 minutes of pulling it up an inch at a time, the wheels finally set down on the deck of my tail gate. I then rolled it sideways, so it wouldn't move on the way home and strapped it down.

I checked Home Depot for the newer model and it too was over $2800.

I would say that gloats are in order!

And 754, it is a single phase only machine.

Comment

You suck!

Comment

I trust you informed the police, it could have been stolen and dumped.

Comment

yeah - im not trying to be a buzzkill but I would have at least knocked on the door to verify, I mean i guess if it's out with the trash cans and stuff that might be a different story but sitting by the curb with no "free" sign on it Id be a little nervous of getting a blast of rock salt to the ole backside...

Comment

depends on the area - around here if it's not on someone's property ie. it's on the sidewalk or the road, then it's fair game. It would take both a very industrious AND lazy person to drag that out to the curb to use it for something (hey, extension cord!) and then not drag it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X