Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Companies Over Rate Their Junk Products ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Companies Over Rate Their Junk Products ??

Watch the video.............. This is what happens when they do.

They failed to tell you that you have to weigh 400 Lbs. If the handle was any longer it would be in the neighbors yard. Ha, Ha......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbZ0mLq9DDU

JL...............
    Last edited by JoeLee; 09-20-2019, 04:51 PM.

because there are mouths to feed and bills to pay
    Last edited by AD5MB; 09-20-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

poor guy --- good on him for exposing the POS...

Comment

Originally posted by AD5MB View Post
        because there are mouths to feed and bills to pay
        and the muggles lap it up regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
          Watch the video.............. This is what happens when they do.

They failed to tell you that you have to weigh 400 Lbs. If the handle was any longer it would be in the neighbors yard. Ha, Ha......
          The machine probably is not very well made, but he was shearing 3/4" round stock -- the stated capacity of the machine is 5/8".

Comment

I thought the spec said .875" for round stock.
            Peter

Comment

But it will cut Chinesium up to 2 inches thick. Chinese tool made to cut Chinese steel. So where's the problem?

Their web site says SOME of their machines are made in the USA, not all of them. And they put a "Made in USA" sticker on those. This machine does not have that sticker. Can you say Chinese?
              Paul A.

Make it fit.
              You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by CPeter View Post
                I thought the spec said .875" for round stock.
                Peter
                The website isn't very consistent. In one place it specs 2 x 1/8" angle, and in another place it specs 2-3/8 x 1/4 angle. Everything seems to list 5/8 round, however.

The video is from 2012, so it's possible the advertised specs have changed since then. (Due to complaints?)

Comment

I love the part where the company told him to take the video down if he wanted a refund.

I never liked the idea of shearing rod, bar or angle. I've always used my horizontal band saw, it makes a lot cleaner cut. The length and size of that handle was pretty funny, that in itself shold have been a warning.

JL............

Comment

Originally posted by tomato coupe View Post
                    The machine probably is not very well made, but he was shearing 3/4" round stock -- the stated capacity of the machine is 5/8".
                    No,
                    The stated capacity for round is .866 as shown at the end of the video.

JL...........

Comment

Here is another one. Same exact POS, different name. They did change the specs on this one, reduced the thicknesses. I wonder why??

They do mention the length of the handle being 6 ft.

eBay item number:

JL................

Comment

I don't understand what good they are, even if they worked, when they leave a horribly deformed edge on the workpiece?

Comment

Video is 7 years old. Looks like Baileigh has updated the specs since then.

In my opinion, anyone who spends $600 on an imported ironworker thinking it is going to shear 2"x2"x1/4" angle is pretty gullable no matter what the website tells you.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

They do mention the length of the handle being 6 ft

JL................
                            My 25 ton Dake Arbor Press handle is 4' 6" long and in up position the end is 8' 6" from the floor.Its actually quite user freindly,by the time the toothed pawl ingages the end of the handle is about7' from the floor.
                            Last edited by Tundra Twin Track; 09-21-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

No,
                              The stated capacity for round is .866 as shown at the end of the video.
                              As I stated, the specs presently listed on the website might have been revised since the video was made (2012).

Comment

Working...
                              X