my new shaper photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new shaper photo's

This is at last thanks to Den a few photo's of the small Boxford shaper I bought recently it works beautifully hope you like it Alistair

Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Would have looked better green.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Alistairs got the roswell weather balloon stashed in his workshop

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 10-11-2004).]

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 10-11-2004).]

Comment

hI
        I dont mean to sound stupid, but what does it do? and how does it do it?
        The reason why I ask is becouse I recently turned one down when I went to veiw a tool and cutter grinder which I bought.(clarkson mk1) both machines where being sold for آ£150 for both off them
        They belonged to the lady's late husband who had passed away several years earlyer They had been in the garage ever since anyway I left the machine you have there becouse I didnt know what it was and I just bought the clarkson tool grinder for آ£70.

would be nice to know how it works
        thank's

Comment

Why did you paint the starting handle grey,they're supposed to be green.

Allan

Comment

If you have the room and the cash and it's still available Johnie for آ£70 I would reccomend you buy it.They have been in many ways superseded by the milling machine but are starting to make a comback for planing metal to size,slotting inc internal slots which are very difficult on a mill gearcutting etc etc etc and a re a joy to use and watch.If you need or want more info email me and I will send you a brochure on them regards Alistair

Comment

Very nice Alistair. It looks in excellent shape.

How long a stroke does it have?
              To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

8" Alistair

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alistair Hosie:
                  8" Alistair</font>

On a good day

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

hey John everyday 8mm regards Alistair

Comment

Alistair You can come and paint my Nichols Miller any color you want. As long as it isnt green.
                      I don't want the rasing that you have had to put up with.
                      Charlie
                      Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                      http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

If you get ready to send that information out, add me to the list please. Thanks, david from jax

By the way, how do you know it works beautifully, when it is so clean you couldn't have used it.
                        David

------------------
                        Have gun, will travel.
                        A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

Alistair,better watchout,round here on St.Patty's day,you get hit for not wearing any green,better be careful,the other machines might beat up the little fellow

I are jealous,all you folks across the pond have access to REAL machines that are small,here small machines most times aren't real .

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 10-11-2004).]
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

you should find all you need on shapers here otherwise send me a private email as it is easier to give yoinfo that way.Alistair

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Metal_Shapers/

Comment

IF you keep buying more machines you will need a bigger shop. Guess that won't be a problem since you are now experienced in creating nice shops from nothing. BTY nice shaper, good color.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X