Pics...Taper tool extracter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics...Taper tool extracter

I got fed up clouting the draw bar to get my #2 morse taper tooling out of the quill on my mill,so I made this split nut arrangement to fit on the bottom of the quill.

No marks for finish but it works.Threads are 26 tpi and the whole thing is 1/2" deep.

Allan

[This message has been edited by Allan Waterfall (edited 10-31-2004).]

extremely clever.
    good work. and great idea.

Comment

Thanks for putting it up Alan, good idea.

John.

Comment

Now that I like, it should stop me from bending draw bars as I have done in the past. Thanks forb the great submission.

Mike

Comment

Nicely done,

------------------
          Paul G.
          Paul G.

Comment

That's a great idea and great work. Now you have me thinking about making one for my Myford spindle which will enable me to remove the milling arbor without wacking the end of the drawbar - and will act as spindle thread protector at the same time.

Comment

Guero,

That's what gave me the idea.

I've had one of those on my Dore-Westbury mill since I built it because it has a Myford thread on the nose.

Mine is just a thick threaded ring with holes in the outside for a piece of 5/16" bar to be used as a lever.

Allan

Comment

I don't get it?

Can someone please explain how it works!!

Ben

Comment

Ben 78, just looking at the pictures it appears the upper ring is fixed to the spindle nose & when one wants to break the taper, get a spanner and turn the bottom part of the ring which is threaded into the upper part and it pushes on the shoulder of the tool. I suspect you only need a little movement to break the taper hold. A very good idea I must say. It must be that Daylight Saving thing you fellows over East have changed to that is causing memory loss.

Comment

Oh yeah, der - now it makes sense!!

Great work, might do something like that myself, I hate whacking the drawbar too!

Comment

Working...
                    X