HARDINGE MODEL DV59 SECOND OPERATION LATHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARDINGE MODEL DV59 SECOND OPERATION LATHE

THese are expensive, but I do not understand the term "Second operation"? And they seem to have no power feed for threat cutting or finish cutting? So if no threaded rod, why so spendy?

See here:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Fo...ML/008245.html
    Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

Someday I'd like to get one to go along with a regular bench or floor lathe. The ability to do multiple centerline operations and using profile tooling is where one of these realy shine IMO. Missed out on a couple of Elgin and Rivetts in the last year. Generally the Elgins and Rivetts will go for less money simply because of name recognition. The Schaublin's that come on the market are even pricier. And last year I saw a Rambold (?) 0n ebay that looked nice. But you need to be doing multiples of something to make it pay plus you need all sorts of tooling to go with them
      Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Amity, most threading operations on these machines are performed with a geometric die head. Properly tooled, they're a slick little rig.

Comment

Working...
        X