Drill Doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Doctor?

Does anyone in this group us the Drill Doctor to sharpen drill bits? If so, which model do you have and how do you like it? Is there anything on the market as good or better than DD ?

Thank !
    Kelly in southcentral Idaho

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Fo...ML/005268.html

Do the search for "Drill Doctor" - Some good reading.

Larry

Comment

Yes I have a 750 and it does a good job. I use it mostly for split point drill bits and it does a passable job. It is not as good as my Sterling drill grinder on 118 deg. points. For the home shop the Drill Doctor is very good it won't set you back too much and the factory support is very good.

Comment

Well I missed the thread the last time this question was asked so here goes, Yup! got a 750 and have been pleased with the results for 135 split points. For the money it's a great little machine. Don't know how long it will last being plastic and all but if one is careful it will do what you want for a home shop. Being a tollaholic,I've also got a lysle for larger bits which takes longer to set up but does a great job. Lysle is great to do bussiness with and parts prices are very reasonable. My favorite drill grinder is an 80-M tdr unit I bought on Ebay. It is slick! Very quick to use as for drills from 1/8 to 3/4 there are no adjustments, just clamp and grind.
        Good luck,
        hms50
        hms

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kelamigo:
          Does anyone in this group us the Drill Doctor to sharpen drill bits? If so, which model do you have and how do you like it? Is there anything on the market as good or better than DD ?

Thank !
          </font>

Comment

I've seen a friend use the one that sells fro 75$ but it probably doesnt sharper to precision. Maybe if your going to drill through the material or for woodworking but i bet it wont make your drill point precision tip

Comment

We have 750 at work, used in the proper context it works fine but it isn't a replacement industrial sharpener or to be
              used constantly, It's great for the home
              or small shop.
              Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
              X