No announcement yet.

Is there anyway to beat shipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as i quoted in my earlier post there is no duty on machine tools or parts of machine tools even if they come from china. please refer to my earlier post for the canadian customs classification no. if canada customs trys to charge you duty they are ripping you off
    TOOL PIG

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TOOL PIG:
      as i quoted in my earlier post there is no duty on machine tools or parts of machine tools even if they come from china. please refer to my earlier post for the canadian customs classification no. if canada customs trys to charge you duty they are ripping you off </font>
      Never thought a Custom Officer could be a ripper offer. I did have had to pay duty plus Gst and Pst for assorted machine tooling bought in Bellingham but made in China and/or India.
      Still have the receit wonder if I should ask for reimbursement ----Sailer

Comment

It's not that simple. The Canadian customs regs are very specific. China has Most Favored Nation status in Canada. Some types of lathes are duty free and some types have 6% duty. Same goes for milling machines. Drill presses have 6% duty unless it is a radial arm drill which is free. If it matters to you check with customs first.
        Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I've calculated taxes and with 15% tax and the 6% duty the a same model of a geared head milling machine w/ dovetail comes to 1600 whereas the exact same model is 2500 from king canada and 2250 from sharp. Theres gotta be a catch to this or the canadian dealer wouldnt get any sales right? Apart from going down there and gettin it myself i dont see any hardships

Comment

I don't know what model you are looking for but have you checked Busy Bee Tools?
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
            X