No announcement yet.

Some assembly required...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry, those wonderful black cabinets are on eBay @ $23.99 BIN (he also has them at $25.99 BIN) Too bad the S&H for my Zip Code is $21.xx each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4337749305&ssPageNa me=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

[This message has been edited by Steve Stube (edited 11-21-2004).]

Comment

Hardest thing I ever put together was a CD rack for my fiance. 18 1/2" wood dowels going in to misaligned holes on some 1x6. I found it was easier to glue two in place then bend the dowels to fit them in...after giving up on "try to line all of them up at the same time". PITA!!

I have four young nieces. On Christmas morning, I'm the one that gets to help them with their toys, etc. After all, parents do it year round....they get Christmas morning off.

Well, I dont have as much trouble putting the toys together as I do getting the damn things out of the package. Anybody ever try to take "little people" out of the package. You think you've got all the twist ties, but it still wont budge!

This year I'm coming prepared with a utility knife and angle dikes!

-Jacob

Comment

Snowman,I hear you,if the crap in the package was just half as good AS the package.

Got a bottle of Tylenol the otherday,box was sealed in celophane,box was sealed shut with tape,cap on bottle was sealed with safty ring,bottle was sealed with foil and finally the cotton.But no,not this time,I started up the bandsaw and saved steps 1-7
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

seems to me the one thing you young gentlemen(and ladies?)forget,is that kitset stuff is not designed for ease of assembly,rather for cheapness of manufacture.No doubt making the assembler quivering with rage is just an added bonus .hans
          Hans

Comment

Was not me, but a while ago a fellow hiker was given the task of assembling a flashlight, one of those lantern look-alikes. He spent about three hours on it, without sucess, and in disgust gave it to one of the women in the group. Three minutes later, it was together and working. Needless to say, that was a less than stellar event in his life. We haven't seen him since.
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Darryl,I think the reason for that is women design a lot of this stuff,what else could explain the obsessive compulsive level of detail

Comment

Uh oh. This is going downhill fast. Watch out, my daughter may be lurking. She is the only person I know that can curse me under the table...
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

damn it! i have sat here writing out several different responses for the last two posts and none of them are suitable for public consumption!

Comment

that being said, the most difficult thing i have ever put together is a bar-b-que. the damn thing took me hours. my husband bought it for me for my birthday and i was not eating dinner till i could cook it on the grill. i think we ate at about 9pm. jay might have taken pity on the kids and snuck them some food.
                    i have had men say some pretty ignorant things when they find out i am the one putting something together.
                    once, when i ordered an element for the dryer, the guy asked to talk to my husband. i said,"why, i'm the one changing it." after a long pause he said, "oh, make sure you unplug the dryer first."
                    really now i never would have thought of that. good thing he was there to save me.
                    my best friend and i put together the swingset we had bought the boys. got snide remarks from every guy who walked past the front yard of the townhouse.
                    i was not aware one needed a penis to use tools.

ok, rant off.
                    take care
                    sarah

(hmmm, after re-reading this post maybe it belonged in the menopause/PMS thread!)

Comment

Hey, I may have raised her but I do NOT take any responsibility for her comments. Your mileage may vary. Not exactly as shown. Do not eat. Save all receipts.

I'm going to bed.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a daugther that I will put up against anyone about assembing anything.
                          She sometime has to show me how to do some things and I'm good at it.
                          She has worked in maintenance industery for over 15 years now and leaves most men scracthing their heads in wonder.
                          She has some great stories about some of her encounters with men, that I have to lol.
                          Just thought I would give a plug to some women.
                          Gary Helmick

Comment

Well see thats where the rub comes in,the definition of the word woman.
                            The meaning has changed radically over the years.Grandpa used to say that women were like cars,they quit making them in 1937.
                            I think he was right,thats why its a shock to see one.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wierdscience:
                              Well see thats where the rub comes in,the definition of the word woman.
                              The meaning has changed radically over the years.Grandpa used to say that women were like cars,they quit making them in 1937.
                              I think he was right,thats why its a shock to see one.
                              </font>
                              hmmm. i do not believe the meaning of the word woman has changed at all over the years. the meaning of the word lady? sure. but then i have never claimed to be a lady!

take care
                              sarah

Comment

Working...
                              X