OT: job interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: job interview

I had a job interview this morning. One of the question(s) I was prepared to ask was "is this a new position or are you filling a vacancy". If the latter, how long was the previous employee in that position? If less than 5 years, how many people have held that position in that time.

Well, I never got a chance to ask or needed to. Turns out they have a large job in Canada and expected the employees to stay onsite to completion. The guy quit after 5 weeks. I thought that flying home every other weekend was standard with all companies, except the military. Needless to say, I stopped the interview and left.
    John

Sounds like you have been spoiled by some nice situations. In my experience, nothing is "standard" in all companies except they always want more for less.

Paul A.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

more and more companies are expecting that, don't settle for it, there are plenty of companies that are hiring that will take good care of their workers.

I interviewed for a company recently for what was advertised as a desk job and told to expect a 4+ week business trip on occasion. Sorry, I have a life and it's not the company life.

Comment

Working...
      X