So much for that one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for that one!

I saw this the otherday,its only 60 miles from here,plus how many times have you wanted a COMPLETE SELF-CONTAINED MACHINESHOP ON WHEELS????????

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=478941

Click on a pic to see the rest of the tooling and accessories.Pay particular attention to the Versa-mill with all the tooling.

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 11-21-2004).]
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Darin,

Didn't see any drill bits. Can't be complete, what else would you find missing. Told the wife I needed it and that since it was painted with camouflage I could park it in the driveway and nobody would see it. Don't think that she is buying it. Can I use it when you get it.

Joe

Comment

I would loan it to you if I had it,but my piggy bank starved out at $6500 MDRL

Hey! By George N. I think you've got it! Its green! I can get my good buddy Alistair to buy it!!!!

Comment

that is some awesome machinery in an awesome machine! I'd love to own that, would bring a whole new meaning to the term "journeyman" !!

Comment

It closed yesterday at $19,100.

Comment

Lets see.. A machinist going around the local plants during the christmas shutdown, just boring pulleys, Just boring sprockets, Just welding up end shafts in rollers, Just doing what the Hourly men can't?

A old guy (told this story before) used to drive a modified school bus around Chattanooga. He'd Machine, sleep eat, and repair right there in the bus till the plant cranked back up.. While I was home sleeping he'd be working right there. taking cat naps next to his machines in a cot.. No telling how much money he actually made per year.. 90% of the maintenance men can replace a pulley or sprocket, but can not bore one to fit the shaft. Much less align motors and gearboxes with dial indicators.

NO, I am not moving my machinery into the bus yet. It is intriguing thou.

David

Comment

Hey Darin I will chip in at least a dollar.only cause it's green Don't forget I am Scottish! Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I once owned an Atlas Shaper that allegedly came out of a pre-WWII Army field workshop like this.

Comment

Man, I was bidding on it but boughtthe virgin mary sandwich instead. Did I make a bad choice?

------------------
                  Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
                  Techno-Anarchist

Comment

You did okay,but I don't think I would eat the 10Y/O cheese

Comment

think anybody on ebay would be interested in the 7 year old box of baking soda from my fridge??? How often are ya supposed to change those anyway??? Every 10 or 12 years right?

Comment

Dunno,but it might be interesting to see which of these three things will last longer.

#1 A Twinkie
                        #2 Baking soda
                        #3 The fridge

For extra points keep track of the fridge to twinkie/baking soda ratio.I have a theory that the fridges get changed more frequently than the first two

Comment

George N didn't get it either. Would have fit into his yard without a problem and you wouldn't even see it.

Joe

Comment

Nasa is now setting up a similar unit to service the Robotic competitions they sponser.

They want a little cnc mill, lathe, welder etc, etc.

They will do minor repairs to robots at the final competitions.

These competitions are to spark interest in robotics, science, and technology in high school kids.

I have offered my services to the project.

kap

Comment

Kap:

When I went to a local electronic supply house and purchased the raw materiels for a power supply I got to talking to a guy there at the counter. When he found out I was casting aluminum and had a cnc machine he grabbed my shirt sleeve and got my phone number.

I have been since approached by about 100 people on the phone at different times, mostly while I was working a straight job. They all wanted a lil something done for thier robotic toys. It ain't a living but it adds to the sugar bowl.

THE foam casting I saw/read about on another site here has me intrigued at the moment.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X