I'm tired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired...

This is my 15th straight day of work. The clinic is usually closed on Sunday but we opened today so the patients could have thanksgiving day off. I work 3 days a week as a nurse and the rest of the week cleaning old machine tools. My 2nd job pays me with machine tools. but I've been working too much lately to fool with anything.
    I guess it'll be worth it when my shop is up and running.
    The hardest part is scrubbing my fingernails after working at the shop so my hands'll be clean the next day.
    Anyway, back to the shop tomorrow. I actually look forward to it. No whiney, needy people to deal with. Just me and a machine...
    I may actually get to do some machine work tomorrow.

------------------
    Hoffman in Warner Robins Ga
    Techno-Anarchist

Im really mad, they damn cops are giving fines for the bikers at the local skatepark.

Comment

Washing dishes makes my fingernails presentable.

Yes it do.. but where does the black go to? I wonder as I eat my next meal.

David

Comment

Ummm,elninio. You said you're into BMX bikes but never said what you want to do to them. Maybe if you posted some of your goals the board would be more helpful.
        Dave, most of the grease and grime actually sticks to the dishes...

------------------
        Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Waterless hand cleaner and a very soft tooth brush do wonders under finger nails and in the ridges.

Quick and painless.
          457863656C73696F7220212000

Comment

It is my opinion that electrolysis causes the grease from my hands to go directly to the spoons forks and knifes...thus, your food is really made by mobil.

-Jacob
            (it's my excuse to not do the dishes)

Comment

hoffman,
              here's a solution and another cool tool to have too. Since you are cleaning up machinery anyway, maybe it would behoove you to have a parts washer. I find that since the "sink" is plumbed with mineral spirits and various handy brushes, it's perfect for cleaning hands and fingernails. Keeps the dirt out of the bathroom sink... Oh yea, it's great for cleaning parts too.

Comment

Yea, I have a 20 gal parts washer full of that industrial no-rust cleaner. ($25 for 5 gal, what was I thinking? It's mostly mineral spirits with some naptha. Only 5 gals in the washer though, 10 gals of mineral spirits) That and a nail brush followed by some go-jo usually gets me scrubbed up nicely.
                Parts washers are nice to have...

------------------
                Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Some of those cleaners are pretty caustic. Make sure you wear rubber gloves when cleaning your hands with them.
                  I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Hmmm...nurse..my brother are one,he uses throw away gloves to change the oil in his car,could be on to something

I have never relied on dishwashing to clean my hands,mainly because the damn door won't close with my knucles in it
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

KFC (chicken) is great hand cleaner. Serioulsy at work we use zep hand cleaner the very best I"v ever used. No allifoated with that product
                      Ed

Comment

Just hold them in the stream of a pressure washer WS A light buffing with a wire cup works too and restores a healthy glow to boot.

Hoffman - I feel for you dude. Is this a holiday thing or just general health care insanity?

Dave

Comment

SBS Orange. Good stuff. A citrus cleaner with cornmeal instead of pumice so it doesn't eat the skin. Usual disclaimers, but I've used it for years.

Comment

Wash for 5ive minutes with liquid dish soap. Three paper towels to dry.
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

On hand cleaning, I've tried all kinds of things over the years, Go_Jo, paint thinner, liquid dish detergent, etc. Dirt gets in the cracks in the skin and won't come out. Yes, washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms will take it out, but lately I've gone back to something very old, i.e. powdered BORAXO, and find it is about the best for me short of doing dishes that don't need doing.
                              Lynn S.

Comment

Working...
                              X