How much bourbon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much bourbon...

can one add to eggnog and still call it eggnog? Just wondering what I was drinking.

I don't have my daughter untill the weekend this year and all my friends and family are out of town so I can do Thanksgiving right for a change. I'm going to see how many pints of Ben and Jerry's and how many movies one person can consume in a 24 hr pereiod. Enjoy everyone!

Dave

so long as you can still taste the egg and the nog, it can be considered eggnog. Whats the story with eggnog anyway??

If anyone drank something with raw eggs in it here you'd be looked at all weird...

Comment

if more than 50% bourbon,would it be bournog?
      Hans

Comment

Bourbon in Egg Nog?????? No way, yah got to use Brandy, perferably Korbel hic....cup, hic.....cup
        Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Screw the eggs! Bring on the Maker's Mark!

------------------
          This Old Shed
          EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

Why spoil good bourbon? Drink it straight and after a few glasses you can call it anything you want.

Comment

Dave! Me too. My wife and youngest daughter are off to Huntingrton Beach CA to have turkeyday with our oldest daughter.IM LEFT HOME ALONE!!!!!!!!!
              I'm gonna have a Charlie Fox(local) Pizza and diet pepsi. (no alcahol for me) And work in the shop all afternoon. Heaven.

Comment

Kentucky Streight please on the rocks. Goes down better and stays there! Happy Holidays to All!!

Comment

Jim Bean or Chivas Regal or some of John's Myford Crem de Meth? Too many choices
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I've always been partial to Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage Bourbon.

Evan Williams Bourbon

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Very good choice Evan, but a little pricier than Maker's Mark which is currently my bourbon of choice (I also drink Bushmills and a variety of craft tequilas). An excelent value. Hey, it was gourmet nog too and I was ready for desert. 50-50 seemed about right, just need to get some fluids in me this morning.

Dave

Comment

Ugh! Iky! Poo poo! On the rocks! Sorry, I've never gotten the hang of ice or water, just ruins it for me. Neat is the only way I can drink hard liquor other than as a cocktail.

On the subject of bartending I'll share with you guys a variation on the martini I came up with. Perfect for weekend brunch. Mix in the same proportion as a clasic martini (not dry), but use Stolichnikaya coffee infused vodka or equivelent and substitute Controu or equivelent orange liquour in place of vermouth. Garnish with an orange twist or shaved dark chocolate. Need to come up with a name for it though.

Dave

Comment

Guess I will just have another cup of coffee. Sometimes I can be so boring...
                          David from jax

------------------
                          Have gun, will travel.
                          A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

MMmmm! Coffee! That works too. If i had to give up something it sure wouldn't be coffee.

Dave

Comment

The S&W handcuffs are just a reminder to my friends not to drink and drive over the holidays. It ain't much fun sitting in a drunk tank wondering how you are going to live without a drivers license.
                              About this much bourbon does me in one sitting (300lbs to soak it up). Why waste eggnog?
                              Cheers and happy holidays friends.

------------------
                              David Cofer, Of:
                              Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

Working...
                              X