Another legend passes on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another legend passes on!

Just got the new Lindsay Books catalog in the mail and there is a note inside announcing that Dave Gingery died this past May, at age 71. I guess that he had some heart trouble for the last 6 months or so.

His books are a great read--they are what got me interested in metalworking. Even though he wrote many books, I would bet that lots of good information and experience has been lost with his passing. He will be missed--thanks--Mike.

I agree. I've sure enjoyed the Gingery stuff I've read. Probably his most beneficial contribution has been to instill a 'can do' attitude and spirit of adventure amongst those of us trying to make stuff low budget.

Comment

Amen. May God be with him. His books inspired much of my DIY interest, and got me hooked on metalcasting. His son, Vince has written some great books too.

Comment

YES HE HAD SOME GREAT BOOKS
        <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mikem:
        Just got the new Lindsay Books catalog in the mail and there is a note inside announcing that Dave Gingery died this past May, at age 71. I guess that he had some heart trouble for the last 6 months or so.

His books are a great read--they are what got me interested in metalworking. Even though he wrote many books, I would bet that lots of good information and experience has been lost with his passing. He will be missed--thanks--Mike.
        </font>

Comment

That is very sad news. Dave Gingery was not only a brilliant man, but a man who knew what it was like to not be able to afford the tools needed to do a job. And he overcame that.

He championed a "Can Do" attitude better than any one I can think of.

I don't know much about the man but I expect that he treated people well, and without regard to their wealth or status in life. I respect that about him and I wish his decendents the very best. They should be VERY proud of the man. I expect his success late in life built a decent estate for them and it was so well deserved and better deserved than any I know of.

I am mad at him for cheating me out of the chance to meet him.

Nobody leaves this world without pissing someone off.

Godspeed (whatever that means.)

Spence

Comment

Working...
          X