OT- OCC...they're EVERYWHERE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- OCC...they're EVERYWHERE!!!

I couldn't believe it! Today I went to the drug store in our little town in SE British Columbia and lo and behold...there was a large display case half full of OCC "Tank Lighters" I asked the girl how they were selling. She said the case had been full the night before and they were going to be bringing in more. Hmmmm...maybe these guys only LOOK stupid! I also see quite a few OCC sweatshirts and T shirts around all of a sudden. Guess that explains the fancy new shop and the shiny new big rig they're driving.
    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Build good stuff...cannot sell it. Build junk and it sells...seems someone told me that 20 years ago. Just never got around to doing junk!!

Comment

Fad? Remember "pet rocks" ??

David

Comment

Maybe it's a fad, but I bet they'll make enough money to be set for life by the time it's over.

Comment

Read in the paper today that they are expanding there business into the uk
          all the best..mark

Comment

They were here in Phx Az a few weekends ago showing off their bikes, they wanted 32 dollars to get in and look at their junk. As far as I know it was a success with alot of people forking over the money to go look at em. Anybody seen the Discovery show The Customizer it is pretty good, same premise though lets build something and oh yeah there is a deadline will we ever make it. I was watching American Hot Rod on Thanksgiving day and saw a CNC pipe bender in action, thought that was pretty neat.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
              Fad? Remember "pet rocks" ??

David
              </font>
              Yeh,I got some on the counter at work,people ask me what they are and I tell them sex rocks,just another f---ing rock
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I live in a really rural place (55 miles to the near stoplight), and the general store/gas station in the nearest town sells OCC shirts and caps.

Comment

I was at costco about a week ago and saw the mini-black widow bike for kids, that wasnt as surprising as all the commercials ive seen lately for American Chopper-the game for PS2. I do think that Mikey is the most entertaining part of the show though. I was also impressed by that CNC tube bender on American Hot Rod. I still prefer the "A Plane is Born" and the other "(blank) is born" shows.
                  Charley

Comment

Been to walmart lately? They are selling giant R/C models of all of their most popular bikes. Ertl is also selling scale models of the same bikes.
                    crap does sell :

Comment

I don`t know why we are surprised that people are buying OCC 'stuff' Idiots have been paying good money for decades to be walking, talking billboards; eg HOG junk.It must have something to do with the herd mentality
                      I`ve always figured that if a company wants me to act as their billboard then they can pay me and pay me well ...... I`m still waiting
                      Ken
                      Ken.

Comment

THEY HAVE A VIDEO GAME OUT NOW. I SAW AN AD ON TV FOR IT.

------------------
                        "LET THE LEAD FLY!"
                        \"LET THE LEAD FLY!\"

Comment

Alright, I admit it. I'm outta step with the times. What the hell is OCC?

Comment

Orange County Choppers! As seen on the Discovery Channel. Master craftsmen and superb actors! Safety is their middle name!
                            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Orange County Choppers! </font>
                              Just out of curiousity, why didn't you simply type Orange County Choppers in the first place ? (or, alternatively, make a reference to what it is in the post somewhere) Don't mean to pick on you in particular, but I never cease to be amazed at the people that email me wanting info on a DoHickey ML250e or whatever, and never saying what it actually "is"...like everyone on the planet just automatically knows what every little name or model number "is".

A guy just posted on Practical Machinst wanting info on a Holbrook 15T and never saying what it actually is. Could be a lawnmower for all I know ! (subsequent reply from another member revealed it is a metal lathe apparently)

Just curious if it's the "cool factor" or "military speak", where folks like to reduce the names of everything to the shortest possible acronym or abbreviation, such that the listener or reader of same, feels equally "cool" or "in the know" that he knows what the hell they are talking about ?

Comment

Working...
                              X