Taper Turning Live Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taper Turning Live Center

Does anybody know the manufacturer of the adjustable live center that I know I have seen advertised in HSM. I need to order one through work, for work
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Royal makes one but it is only available in MT 4 & 5 (micrometer adjustable)

Sherline makes a small adjustable center for their machines, and OTW makes ones for screw machines.

Comment

I believe there is something in the archives on this board, but I was looking for it yesterday, and can't find it. Someone had made one that looked pretty slick. As an alternative, buy an adjustable boring head (fir a mill)to mount in your tailstock and fit it with a live center.
      Lynn S.

Comment

Here is one that someone posted a while back.

Joe

Comment

good morning.

KBC had them at one time. not sure if they do anymore.

peace.
          bill
          ........i dremel. therefore i am..........................

Comment

KBC part no 1-506-003, MT 3 $581.65 Cdn
            KBC part no 1-506-004, MT 4 $581.65 Cdn
            This is from the Canadian KBC Catalog.

Mike

Comment

KAR tools in Ontario sells what looks like the same thing as KBC except they list a MT2 as well. $554 Cnd ea.
              Ph# 1-800-387-3127
              I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

I'd thought about the trick of using the adjustable boring head with a ball at both the tailstock and headstock (the tip was from Forrest for one and I couldn't find the thread either) but they seem a little pricy. Maybe I'll just have to go the boring head route even if I have to modify the head for a bearing center. Great just what I need another project
                Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
                X