Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT For IBEWGYPSIE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OT For IBEWGYPSIE

    Maybe this will make you feel better Dave.
    Memorial weekend in Washington DC. Rolling Thunder's "run to the wall". Most are nam vets.





    ------------------
    Paul in NE Ohio
    Paul in NE Ohio

  • #2
    I am 47.. was too young for Vietnam draft, or volunteer. I rode up to visit the traveling wall once.

    I have sat in a bar and listened to a guy with ribbons on his chest tell young girls all about it. He was 3 years younger than me. I told him it would be a real good thing to leave before I hurt him.

    I have the utmost admiration for the people who serve or have served our country in the military. Whether they lost thier life in service or not, same respect. The ones who died also have my pity and sorrow.

    99% of them are affected for life if they actually saw combat. The other 1% were just mean anyways (and probably saw combat before they joined the military)

    A local used to fly the Israeli flag above the American flag. I stalked him till I caught him out then cornered him. I was planning on hurting him, but ended up respecting him. He was a USA pilot and America abandoned him, Israel negociated his release from the Vietmiase. He later had two flag poles and flew the flags side by side, adding much to my further respecting his character. He was Jewish by the way, a dual citizen.

    There is no such thing as a good war, or the good old days. Children seem to give thier blood to continue our rights to freedom. God Bless the military and the USA and the thoughts and Freedoms it was founded with. I wish the World the same rights and justice.

    Someone who does not know the simple freedoms can not understand them.
    Someone who has known nothing but freedom can not understand the injustice in the world.

    David Cofer

    Comment


    • #3
      FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! Ask any veteran.

      Jerry

      Comment


      • #4
        "The soldier" by Charles M. Province

        It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

        It is the soldier , not the poet, who has give us freedom of speech.

        It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

        It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
        It is the soldier,who salutes the flag,who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

        NRA member

        Gun control is using both hands

        Comment


        • #5
          Here is the price of freedom. It is a high price but also priceless.




          ------------------
          Paul in NE Ohio
          Paul in NE Ohio

          Comment

          Working...
          X