Milling vice on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milling vice on sale

On sale at http://www.jlindustrial.com is a 6.5" opening, 6" wide jaw milling machine vice with the swivel base. It is only $56.95. Weight is 105 lbs.

Item number is TXTTL-74328D. Ships via truck, dunno the cost for that one though.

Mill is running again, sounds good on 220 volts.

FWIW
    Lenord

I'd like to hear some feed back on this one.
    I went as far as I could go without actually buying it and I still didn't get a price on shipping.

I am curious but if they get crazy on toting it to me plus the $4.75 handle fee it might not be such a good deal.

Comment

I'll let you know on the truck freight charges. I bought one, hook line and sinker <grin>

Enco had one for $20.00 more, on sale. The same "truck freight" charge was in the ad.

I paid over $200 for the 4" model a couple of years ago IIRC. That might have been the rotary table, getting confused...

It is a good vise in any event.

Lenord

[This message has been edited by lenord (edited 12-02-2004).]

Comment

Well, the total bill came to $142.00 !

Shipping was more than the cost of the vise !

The local MSC outlet has them for 173, which I can go pick up I think.

FWIW
        Lenord

Comment

Wait until Enco has a free shipping offer and buy one from them (when it's on sale). It's probably the cheapest way to buy a surface plate, glass beads, vise, or other heavy item.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joel:
            Wait until Enco has a free shipping offer and buy one from them (when it's on sale). </font>

Enco's free shipping does not apply to truck freight, unfortunately. JRouche
            My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

All,

I cancelled the order this morning. The gal on the phone said that the trucking freight was not calculated yet and that the 140 charge on my credit card was not accurate....I did not trust a company to charge less than they did initially.......

I think I'll go to MSC and get one there when they go on sale, if they ever go on sale. There is a local branch that I think I can go to to pick up stuff.

FWIW
              Lenord

Comment

Thats what I thought!

I knew it looked too good to be true.

I may call them and get the lowdown on shipping but I doubt that the total will beat some existing prices on the "off-brand" imports available localy at a little closer to $100.00.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lenord:

I think I'll go to MSC and get one there when they go on sale, if they ever go on sale. There is a local branch that I think I can go to to pick up stuff.
                  Lenord
                  </font>
                  I have MSC outlet about an hour away. You can order "will-call" and pick it up there. I do that with all of the heavy items I order. Saves shipping costs.

Duke Reno / Yankee Metallic Metalcraft

Comment

Working...
                  X