• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diagrams of gantry as promised

Here are the diagrams of the gantry .
    any questions ,just ask.

all the best...mark

YES, 1st question? why is it so dark? I am afraid to print it out. Use too much ink.

David

Comment

well they have been enhanced with brightness and contrast in adobe photoshop 7
      originals are on the way to you
      all the best.mark

Comment

JUst got back out of bed, new mediciene doses have me down.. Muscle spasms.

Yeah. Thanks.. Is the tubing thickness on there? I didn't see it a bit ago before I laid down.

David.

Comment

4mm or over .
          mine are about 4.5 ish
          and the whole assembly must weigh about 3 or 400 lbs
          all the best..mark

Comment

i really like it when you draw something in inches and the throw in the 10 mm thing here and 5 mm there.
            did you ever work for Lockheed~Martin?,,,jim
            ...jim

Comment

Thanks Mark;
              Now all I have to do is get off my duff. will start collecting the metal for it now, but will have to wait until spring to do it...snow ya know
              Jim
              PS yeah it is dark, will have to see if I can figure out how to lighten it up
              Jim

Comment

Well we went thru a long transition period here in the uk (and still are) ...from imperial to metric.
                almost everyone I know here ....
                ....when they measure something and it's an inch ...then they call it an inch ...but if its any smaller or larger they read the metric scale on the rule .....it's so much easier.
                now its goten to being that people aproximate in inches and when they want to be accurate they go metric.
                Whenever the usa decides that they want to catch up with the rest of the world perhaps then you'll all go thru the same phase of writing down imperial and metric.
                I was going to put both imperial measurements and metric on the diagrams.....but thought bugger it ,,,,,will just put the imperial for the rough measurments that dont matter so much.

Another generation, I supose here, and feet and inches will be laughed at .
                you chaps have got it all to come I think.
                all the best.....mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 12-04-2004).]

Comment

hey i wasnt being critical. one of my favorite things to do to a borrower is loan a metric scale to them.
                  i have been using the metric inch since working at Floridia State University in 1979, works great for me...jim
                  ...jim

Comment

BTW the degree angle/cuts have to be performed with complete accuracy.
                    they should within 30 mins.
                    one degree of inacuracy in the top sockets would lead to the legs being splayed more than the other legs by more than 2 inches...
                    so take care .
                    another tip if your using galvanised is to grind the galvanised off where the welds will go.....but dont stop there.......the grinding disk will still contaminate the bared area.....so rub bare area after with clean emery cloth.
                    Time for job is about 15 hours
                    Happy welding....
                    all the best..mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 12-04-2004).]

Comment

Yes Jim.... remembering the mars lander I can see what you mean. :-)
                      all the best...mark

Comment

my brother brought a milk carton home from the cape had a picture of the one they lost with the question "Have you seen me" like the missing children. what a hoot...jim
                        ...jim

Comment

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Damn! just when I had redrawn it myself
                            cheers, Ken
                            posted 12-04-2004 08:12 PM
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            i really like it when you draw something in inches and the throw in the 10 mm thing here and 5 mm there.
                            did you ever work for Lockheed~Martin?,,,jim

PS 175mm sounds more impressive than 7"?

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 12-05-2004).]
                            Ken.

Comment

FOR the bologna cuts: I find it easier to make a paper wrap on the tube held together w/scotch tape, find the upper and lower distance to the top beginning and the bottom ending.

Make circles at each point around tube (use another paper wrap if needed to get square marks on paper), center with level Clamp a level make a top mark, make a bottom mark. Make a scribe line on the paper top center to bottom center. Remove wrap, cut with scissors just the top part. NOW, YOu have something to mark the expensive tubing with. Wrap it back around it aligning the bottom like a pipe wrap square and tape for each tube. Mark tube, cut tube grind chamfer lightly.

Harder to describe than to do. Sorry guys I guess that is why my older brother is a college professor and I work for a living. He can describe but not do.

(I do exhaust pipe like this too.) Looks good hanging out from under a rod.

------------------
                              David Cofer, Of:
                              Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 12-05-2004).]

Comment

Working...
                              X