A nice little power supply with a compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice little power supply with a compressor

with winter here I think this is a dandy item.

I get tired of jump starting cars in winter.

A cordless compressor is very handy too.

For $80 bucks I dont think I could go wrong.

I borrowed one from my brother and decided I had to get one, I use it.

http://www.12vautotech.com/jumppump.html

I have something similar and I'll tell you, it put a smile on my face being able to hook it up and turn that key.

It's pretty good for blowing up kid's backyard inflatables (small ones) and junk like that.

John

Comment

I've got one of these too and learned to love it. But may I add something kind of off-offtopic? I don't even carry my emergency jumpstarter in the trunk anymore because 99 of of every 100 times I needed it were the result of accidentally leaving my lights on. I finally got really wise and just rewired the circuit to shut off with the key. I know many (all?) new cars now do this automatically, but can someone help me with the logic of this? I owned a little fiat 127 in while living in europe in the early '80s and you had to lock the drivers side door with your key from the outside, and the lights shut off with the ignition. Having driven this car for a couple of years, when I returned home to the states, every subsequent car I drove regularly locked me out and killed the battery. (I know, I know - and when my computer malfunctions my brother loves to tell me that computers don't make mistakes!) I've asked dozens of people to kindly explain the logic of having allowing the lights to stay on after the key is removed from an automobile. It's just one of those design oversights that drives me insane sometimes.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bluebeard:
        I've asked dozens of people to kindly explain the logic of having allowing the lights to stay on after the key is removed from an automobile. It's just one of those design oversights that drives me insane sometimes. </font>

Flexibility.

If I want to turn my headlights on without the engine running thats what I want. I don't but if I wanted too I could so why NOT enable the lights to come on.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't want the auto manufactures limiting my control over vehicle functions. I want the OPTION to make decisions concerning the functions of the vehicle even if I never opt to use those functions.

And with the advent of a simple buzzer, bell or whistle I get my warning re: lights on. JRouche
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

...how about an aux light switch for emergency use without needing the ignition? Simple way to please everyone. Look around any large parking lot on an uncharacteristicly overcast mid-day and you'll see at least a few parked car headlights burning off the battery. Otherwise sane, reasonable, and responsible adults who turned them on out in the rainy overcast and forgot them in the parking lot. It's just a stupid design!

Please let's not get on a bender here about the gub'ment or the industry limiting our choices. It's pretty obvious that we accept quite a full plate of limitations on the way we operate many of the more complex products we own. Headlights burning after the key is removed from the ignition hardly merits calling in such a sledge hammer of an arguement. Especially when it is so easily worked around. If the answer to my question is that designers really wanted to offer us more flexibility, and the majority of owners find that beneficial in this case, then I'll just have to suffer my disagreement more quietly.

[This message has been edited by bluebeard (edited 12-05-2004).]

Comment

Working...
          X