Noting a Higbee on a blueprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noting a Higbee on a blueprint

What is the typical accepted way to specify a Higbee on a blueprint? Is a simple note stating "Higbee on start thread" acceptable? I would like all of my prints to be as universally understandable as possible as I am currently being forced to sub out work.

For those of you wondering, a Higbee is cutting back the start of a thread, generally with a small diameter rotary cut, until a full profile thread is reached. They help prevent cross threading and are tolerant when connecting with dirty threads. Higbee’s are generally found on fire hoses.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joel:

For those of you wondering, a Higbee is cutting back the start of a thread, generally with a small diameter rotary cut, until a full profile thread is reached. They help prevent cross threading and are tolerant when connecting with dirty threads. Higbee’s are generally found on fire hoses.
    </font>
    Easy,just put the above on the print I know what a Higbee end is and I even thought you had gone English for a second there Sounds like something one of Alistair's soccer houligan friends would say

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Aye, you don’t ave to get bloody insulting there ya big lassie.

Comment

Higbee, oh, ok. Thought ye mighta meant the Hibees fer a minute there
        Hibs aka Hibernian FC, mortal enemies of Hearts.

Comment

Weren't the Higbee's locked in a long standing feud with the McCoys?

Oh, my bad.....that's the Hatfields.

Comment

Safest way is to define the feature on the drawing unless there is a specification that defines the feature then call out the spec.

------------------
            Neil Peters
            Neil Peters

When on the hunt, a broken part is better than no part at all.

Comment

Working...
            X