OT: Machining weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Machining weather

This is the view from my back deck. Temp is -15C (about 5F). Not too cold but lots of heavy snow with some rain to really make it stick to everything. This is from a few days ago. There is more now but it is dark when I leave home and dark when I come back. BTW, this actually is a color picture. You may notice the flagpole in the center.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-08-2004).]
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Evan, you are right with the cold and the dark it is machining weather, but how are the Hollywood types gonna cope once they actually make good theoir threat to move to the Great White North
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

rain and 29 mph winds here at 46 F. tonight

warm fast rainy winds can make for flooding, but is no problem in this area.

Im not going golfing today maybe tomarrow.

Comment

Wow, and yesterday here in the Piedmont of North Carolina it was almost 70F with some rain and wind. This morning it's so foggy I expect to hear the hounds of the Baskervilles outside my window.

Comment

Evan, I can't tell for sure since it's wrapped around the flagpole but is that a US flag? If it is, do you get any flack about it from your neighbors?

Weather here in central Iowa should be damp again and in the upper 40's. Lots of fog one or two mornings this week. All in all, very pleasant here for December.

Comment

Ah, a place with real weather....

After moving to "equatorial US", I really miss actual weather and seasons. My neighbors think I am nuts, but when it does snow, I have been known to go out and sit in a lawn chair for a while.

Looks like an ideal cross-country skiing area, as well as a very nice view at any season (at least if there is no smoke visible).

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

Yikes! I'll be cutting grass this weekend. Still getting tomatos too.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                ... it is dark when I leave home and dark when I come back.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-08-2004).]
                </font>
                Always raining to boot. I call this time of year "Living in the tunnel." Don't know why, but with a 35 mile commute in the rain and dark it just fits.

Comment

-35*C...wimps

Comment

How's your lake doing, Evan? Once it's well frozen I imagine people up there will be racing their cars on it and such. I saw that once at Cultus lake back when it got a tad cool at -27F for a couple weeks.
                    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

We hit 81 today.

Bitter cold comming though. Suposed to get down into the low 40's next week. Daytime temps will only hit upper 50's. Burrrrrrr!

Comment

Here I am in Texas. Where in the heck are you?

Comment

I live well out in the sticks.

Comment

Darryl mentioned driving on a frozen lake. I remember when the Mississippi River froze so solid at St. Louis that people were driving cars and trucks out on the river for fun.

You know it's been cold for quite a while when the Mississippi River freezes that solid that far south.

Comment

The lake isn't frozen yet. It has been warmer than usual the last decade or so. It probably won't freeze until January. We don't have car races on the lake but just south of us at Lac la Hache they hold the worlds largest annual outhouse races.

Comment

Working...
                              X